D.C. Bikes is a simple and easy-to-use App that helps you locate the closest Capital Bike Share™ docking station. With one tap you can find the closest Capital Bike Share station, how far away it is and in which direction, and how many available bikes and docks it currently has.
Find out how many available docks there are at your destination easily with the full-map mode. You can even set a ride timer to help track your Capital Bike Share rental and prevent late fees.
D.C. Bikes is not affiliated with, or endorsed by Capital Bike Share, Motivate or Motivate Bicycle Share, Inc. Motivate® and Capital Bike Share™ are registered trademarks of Motivate Bicycle Share, Inc. All rights are reserved by the respective owners.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
◊ Minor bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
NOT the official DC bikeshare app
Wish I'd looked more closely before paying (99 cents) for ad-free. Thought a review could help others avoid the error.
Functional, but corners were cut to make it work
It does what it advertises. It will get you to the closest bike share rack. That being said there are a few problems.
1. "Use current location". The application only allows you to set "use current location" to 'always' and 'never'. If you do not go into your settings when not using the app it will drain your battery unnecessarily. The app should be updated to allow 'only when using the application'. If battery life is a concern for you I would avoid this app until this bug has been fixed.
2. I am always prompted to "install google apps" although I have it installed and integrated with other apps. From what I can tell this bug is more of a cosmetic annoyance than a functional impedance.
The app I've been waiting for. I usually need a bike or an empty dock in a hurry. I guess fiddling with maps is fine for casual users, but I use Capital Bike Share all the time! Which is why I am also fine with Location Services being set to Always. It is worth it to not have to wait for the app to figure out where I am before telling me the location of the closest bike or empty dock. Thanks!
- Urban Apps
- 16.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Urban Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.