Dabble - the Fast Thinking Word Game for iPad
By INI, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Dabble has received over 1 million downloads! If you haven't heard of this game, you have to check it out.
Dabble is an award-winning game perfect for kids and families. At the core of the game lies a fast-paced word game that will help everyone develop many useful skills - including vocabulary, spelling and quick thinking all while having fun.
Are you a word-game enthusiast? Devoted to crosswords, an expert at Scrabble? Crazy for anagrams? Then you will love Dabble!
Dabble is a "Multiplayer Game" - which means you can challenge people to play.
You can also Play Dabble on Facebook http://fb.dabblegame.com
PRAISE FOR DABBLE
"... Dabble is a great brain teaser that doesn't get old."
"... Good for young and old alike. Would definitely recommend it!"
"... I really enjoyed playing this game. Strangely addictive."
"... I meant to play it for just a minute & ended up playing for over an hour the first time."
"... I like how there are multiple words that you can come up with, so you're not locked in to a particular solution. There are badges you can earn for completing a level quickly, or getting high points, etc."
Naturally, any family game that’s this fun and educational is going to get some attention, and Dabble has piled up awards from experts including the:
* Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Seal Award
* 10 Best Games Award, by Dr. Toy's
* Word Game of The Year by Creative Child Magazine
* Parents’ Choice Gold Award
* Top 10 PAL Award (Play Advances Language)
* You are given 20 random letters, and you have five minutes to spell five separate words on a graduated bleacher.
* One word must be two letters, the next three letters, the next four letters, the next five letters, and the final whopper of a word must be six letters long.
* Playing Dabble challenges you to think fast, think strategically, and dig deep into your vocabulary.
* Do you start with the longest word, or the shortest?
* How do you cope with a limited supply of vowels?
* Just how are you going to use that J, or Q, or X?
* Dabble is the kind of game that is as simple as it is challenging.
* It rewards players with quick wits, a large vocabulary, and perfect spelling.
* Rate Dabble The Fast Thinking Word Game 5 stars in the App Store, so we can continue making exciting new features for you!
If you like our app, Dabble is also available as a Board Game! Please visit Amazon.com to purchase the game.
What's New in Version 1.05
Nice change from other word search games, because you must construct words using all the letters given for each round. The 'dictionary' behind the interface is friendly and accepts names as well as some more obscure words and endings. Challenging without being totally frustrating, so Dabble is a game I really enjoy, because I can usually find a solution before time runs out. It would be nice to have a dictionary linked so I could look up the meanings of some of the really obscure words that are accepted, after the game ends. A minor irritation is that some games have nearly all 3-point tiles, limiting the high score to about 500 or so, even if I solve the game quickly.
I like the actual game play, but don't like the interface of the rest of the game. Don't like going thru Facebook. Need options to just play with friend inside the game, like Words With Friends does. In fact, the developers of this Dabble app could learn a lot from WWF. The WWF list of games in progress and completed is much more user friendly. With Dabble, its annoying to navigate thru all the screens to get to the results of games played and see the details, and annoying to decipher the stats. Need to greatly simplify. Even picking an opponent is cumbersome. Once had two opponents highlighted to play in a challenge and didn't even realize I'd done that because of the not so friendly interface. Annoying that there is no notification that a challenge has been sent or played. Will give more stars if I see some improvements in these areas.
Super Fun Word Game
I really enjoy this - its one of my top favorite word games! It's challenging but not so hard as to totally discourage. I like that you can succeed (or fail) on several fronts -- time, word points, streaks. Once I began to succeed one way, I started challenging myself in one of the other ways. I highly recommend you give it a try if you enjoy word games!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 30, 2013
- Version: 1.05
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: INI, LLC
- © INI,LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.