No more getting caught in the rain waiting for the bus! No more scratching your head and wondering if you had missed the bus! No more guessing when the next bus will arrive.
The DaBus app takes the guesswork out of catching the bus on the island of Oahu. It uses the near real-time arrival information, courtesy of the Oahu Transit Services, to provide the best estimated time on when the next bus will arrive. This app also tracks the current location of the bus you are interested using the GPS device installed on many of the buses. In addition, it also provides options to explore different bus routes and take a virtual ride to better understand its route.
This app is fun, simple and intuitive to use. Best of all, it is absolutely FREE!
- Mahalo (Thank you) for downloading and using this app.
- Locate nearby bus stops at your current location.
- Locate nearby bus stops by tapping on the map.
- Search for a bus stop by street name or stop number.
- Search for a bus route by the route number or route name.
- Get complete real-time bus arrival information.
- Track the current location of your interested bus.
- Bookmark your favorite bus stops.
- Explore different bus routes.
- Virtually ride the bus and double tap to zoom in on its route.
- Get information on scheduled bus arrivals.
Fixed layout issue for iPhone XS.
Ratings and Reviews
This is an awesome app. I’ve used it since it first appeared in the App Store. It’s very accurate. It’s easy to navigate. I don’t kno why it gets such a bad rap here. I was sold on the app one afternoon when the 56 was late to the Alakea stop. It was a hot summer afternoon and nobody was in the mood. I checked the app and it showed a 56 bus on the way. Right behind that bus was another 56 bus. Strange I thought. Why two busses? Problem with the app? When the 56 came everybody jammed on. It left with people standing all over. I opted out and waited. A few minutes later a second 56 came. I rode over the Pali in peaceful cool comfort. The app had sold me. And continues
to do so years later. Five stars!
Yes this app has issues but its hard to predict real time arrivals when not all buses have gps. I’ve grown to understand that buses can be late due to unexpected traffic and such but I just want to know how to unfavorite my stops. I have a long list of favorites and want to narrow it down to how many times I need to go to that stop. It would also help to be able to rename my favorite stops so I can organize it better and not get so confused.
You guys need to read this
It’s 547am and I’ve been waiting at this stop for 20m as I write this. I was supposed to be at work by 6am and the bus was scheduled to arrive at 526a. The app doesn’t tell me the that the scheduled bus is running late, arrived early or is not coming at all so I can make alternate plans at another bus stop. After repeatedly checking the gps tracker and getting “no GPS”, I just now got notification that the bus (due to running late or early, I guess) picked up far further down the line. What was once a very useful app for your commuters is no longer the case😖☹️☹️☹️
- Preston Ko
- 31.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, City and County of Honolulu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.