Daedalus Touch – Text Editor for iCloud
By The Soulmen GbR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“My Favorite iPad Text Editor.” – Charlie Sorrel, WIRED
“A purist and minimalist’s dream.” – Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
“It’s a killer app, and a welcome addition to my writing life.” – Zach LeBar, iPad.AppStorm
Daedalus Touch is the first truly next-gen text editor on iOS. No file lists, no folders, no documents in the classic sense – just paper stacks and an infinite amount of sheets. You navigate by standard gestures, all perfectly mapped and matched to the tasks at hand.
Interacting with digital texts never felt so natural: Flick through pages by swiping left and right, reorder stacks and sheets via drag’n’drop, use tap to open, pinch to close, and select multiple sheets for export with simple taps.
Watch it all at http://www.daedalusapp.com/
The basic version fully utilizes iCloud to keep your texts updated across all of your devices. It’s also tightly integrated with Ulysses for OS X, so you can edit all your texts on the desktop. A simple export facility lets you print and send emails from within the app.
For advanced functionality, several in-app purchases are available:
1) Full synchronization via Dropbox, Box.com and WebDAV, including the option to import .txt and .md files into Daedalus.
2) File export, creating TXT-, PDF-, RTF- and ePub-files with Markdown conversion. Files can be sent as attachments or opened in other apps installed on your device.
3) Additional color themes and the option to use any font you want.
4) All of the above in one complete package.
Please note that users who purchased Daedalus prior to 1.7 will get the full version at no additional cost. Free lunch.
Create, share and synchronize your writings in a beautiful, inspiring environment. Daedalus Touch completely ditches the technical aspects of current-gen text editors and word processors in favor of a natural, fully realized paper stack metaphor.
- Stacks and sheets instead of folders and files.
- Manual sorting of stacks and sheets (no, really).
- Always-on global search. Modeless match highlighting; result stepper.
- Responsive editor, even for large texts (20.000 words and more).
- Highly configurable extra keyboard row, including Fwd-Del and Tab.
- Character- and word count.
- Built-in support for TextExpander touch.
- Built-in web browser to quickly look up or post stuff on the internet (iPad only)
- Support for x-callback-url (Drafts, Launch Center pro etc.).
- Full iCloud sync and backup.
- Export via email and iTunes sharing
- Manual sync with Dropbox, Box.com and/or WebDAV; import folders, set remote sync-folders, sync single stacks, set cloud services on-the-fly.
- File export via email and iOS' “Open in…” service.
- Unlimited font choices, four different color choices (including a “night” mode for writing at… well, night).
- Support for all common Markdown extensions such as .md, .mdown and .markdown.
- Option to process Markdown when exporting to ePub or PDF.
- Universal app, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Built for iOS 7.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Re-enabled popover when long-pressing button in keyboard row.
- Fixed data loss bug when dragging sheet to end of stack.
Only for markdown, and Hard time with exports
I didnt know when i got this app that it is was basically for markdown use only, if you choose not to use the markdown codes you will be limited. Sometimes i just want to write and post stories to other apps or on certain sites thats not compatible with markdown. Without using markdown theres no way to use bold and italics writing. And every time i try to export as a rtf. file with markdown, when i open it on my pc the format is weird, all the paragraphs are far apart, with huge spaces and its just a hassle to fix. Once they make it easier to just put in bold and italic writing and make everything simpler for everyone i'll rate higher.
Warning. This app just appears to have lost my most recent documents. There was a new upgrade recently, since then the icloud syncing is flaky. This happened in an earlier release a year or two ago. I was never entirely sure, but the documents seemed to all come back, back then. I'm hoping for the best this time around, that what is missing will suddenly reappear. But I need to ask myself why I keep using this thing. It seems it can't be trusted.
Unique stacks method helps with organizing notes and writings
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: The Soulmen GbR
- © 2015 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-In-One Pack$3.99
- Fonts and Themes Pack$1.99
- Export Pack$1.99
- Sync Services Pack$2.99