DailyArt PRO - your daily dose of art masterpieces - best classic, modern and contemporary artworks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Every day get inspired by beautiful, museum-like art masterpiece and read story it hides. Explore over 1000 masterpieces in the Archive, add them to your favorites, search for artists and paintings. Use it on your iPad and iPhone. According to Time Magazine, VentureBeat and Mashable, DailyArt is a must-have app for all art lovers.
Do you want to know why van Gogh cut off his ear? Or who is the lady on Picasso's portrait? How Jackson Pollock created his paintings? Open DailyArt and find out.
Download now the PRO version of the app with no ads, no boring content, just pure art with shiny features:
* Explore over 1000 masterpieces in Archive
* Search through the Archive for your favorite artists and paintings
* Create the gallery of your own personal favorites
* Use the app on a big screen on your iPad
Join the community of over 200.000 art lovers, for whom DailyArt is something that enlightens their day, every day. Just check out some of our 3000 App Store reviews:
- "Fantastic app that delivers historical and present artwork on a daily basis. This app pays for itself many times over." - CZee0411, March 2015
- "This is truly my favorite app. Mechanically it is flawless. The app is well written, attention to grammar and spelling is impeccable. Educationally, it is outstanding. Every single time I use it I find something else magical about it. It is intuitive, thought-provoking, and satisfying. - MisChief65, March 2015
And what media says about us:
- "Even if you already know the work, you may not know all the fascinating details the app serves up on the backstory of the art." - Victor Luckerson, Time Magazine
- “DailyArt is your daily dose of classic paintings, serving up a proverbial shot of espresso to awaken the inner culture vulture in you (...) One of the best 12 educational apps of 2012" - Paul Sawers, The Next Web.
- "With its superb images and informative biographical blurbs, DailyArt is perfect for those looking to add some culture to their day." - Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW
Learn something new about art every day - you just need two minutes. Download your espresso shot of art, for free - with no ads, just pure art.
What's New in Version 3.4
- some tiny bugs has been fixed!
The scope of this bargain app is amazing. It is like getting a bite of chocolate each day—leaves me wanting more. So, I have been working my way through the archive, delighted to find high-def offerings of old favorites (Caravaggio's Boy Bitten by a Lizard, Dalí's Burning Giraffe), and to encounter artists and works new to me. I enjoy the commentaries, which vary from matter-of-fact descriptions of the work or the artist's life, to philosophical musings on the meaning of art. I'm not an art history major…never even took an art course…but it's never too late to get an education. I am a little confused, though. The archive seems to list works in a different order each time I open it. Am I imagining it? It would be nice to have the option to sort different ways, such as date posted, date of work, artist's date of birth/death, artist's name, country of origin, where the work was painted, and so forth. Impressionist, Expressionist, Cubist, pre-Raphaelite, Art Nouveau, Abstract Expressionist, American Primitive—I have so much to learn! I particularly appreciate that when I select text, tap define, then choose the web, I can follow links wherever I want, then go right back to where I was without having to reload the app. Well done.
Daily Art Pro
The Pro version of the Daily Art application is even more exceptional than the regular version. With this version users can search the complete archive turning the app into not just a daily gallery but a comprehensive database. Also being a iPad specific app the art images are larger and can be better appreciated. Users also have more room to read the text that accompanies each daily image. Coming from the iPhone/iPod version makes me realize the few little things I have been missing. Users still have access to all the features from the ad supported version including the saving and sharing of artworks as well as the option to change the color of the background. Whether you are a novice or an expert Daily Art Pro is one of those applications that every appreciator of art can get something out of.
A wonderful daily dose of culture
This app knows what it wants to achieve, and it does so extremely well. It's a fantastic option for those who want to become more familiar with famous artists, important artistic movements, and concepts in art theory, but don't have more than a few minutes a day to invest. As a busy professional with two small children and no experience in art history, I really appreciate a tool like this that provides real learning opportunities in bite-sized morsels in a highly accessible way.
Interestingly enough, since downloading this app and checking it daily for a few weeks, I find myself much more drawn to the idea of visiting the local art museum on a regular basis. Seems I've unintentionally caught the art bug...and I love it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zuzanna Stanska
- © 2015 Moiseum
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.