GPS driven guide to the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus. Part of the landscape horticulture teaching program and guide to public spaces.
Developed by Colibri Software in Wolfville, Nova Scotia.
Colibri's location-aware Strollopia Platform refreshes the tourism industry by encouraging people to engage with their communities in new ways.
- Learn about Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus as you explore it
- Features great information on places around the campus
- Instant sharing to Facebook and Twitter
- Custom content about the campus based on your location
- Uses background location updates and notifications to ensure you get the content for the places you visit - even if you don't have the app open
This app uses Background Location updates to ensure that when you walk to a point in a selected tour, that the app can deliver it's special content to you, even if the app is not running in the foreground. If the app is in the background, or your phone is off, Notifications are used to let you know you've arrived.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. To exit a stroll and shut down GPS, go the Strolls page and de-select any active strolls.
- Brand new usability improvements, like searching for Strolls by Category and finding Strolls Near You
- Faster content downloading
- New content at locations, including audio and questions
- Submit feedback directly to Stroll creators
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.