The Dallas Morning News App
By The Dallas Morning News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Dallas Morning News App is an up-to-the-minute source of breaking news, local business updates, lifestyles and entertainment headlines, plus all the sports coverage of the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, colleges and high school sports.
Our app has been updated.
- New navigation, look and feel on tablets
- Articles include pictures, media, gifs and videos
- The Front Page has been expanded and includes all the “need to know” stories
- My Feed lets you build your own custom feed and lets you see only the articles you care about
- Receive alerts and notifications about the topics that are most important to you
This digital version of the news maintains the principles of journalistic integrity you expect and appreciate from The Dallas Morning News. With a fair approach to both sides of every important question, it’s your most-trusted sources of news and now it’s at your fingertips. Get the latest news for the topics you care about in The Dallas Morning News App.
What's New in Version 4.6.1
Thank you for your feedback. We continually make updates based on what you say.
- Redesigned tablet app supports Front Page view that makes articles easier to find and read.
- Better advertising experience on tablets.
- More articles will be available on the Front Page
- Front Page articles are up to date and better curated
- Updated list view for each topic makes articles easier to identify and find
- Bug fixes
- Corrected incorrect photo cropping on tablet view
- Fixed ads overlapping text in articles
- App stability updates
An obvious search button is missing. Stories can go back a month or more. "Points" does not appear as a section on Sunday.
Changed Review...worse and worse...
Update: this morning the app locked up repeatedly with ransomeware for "free" Walmart gift cards. In addition to this--how many weeks do we need to be offered the "news" story about the twin who ate her twin?? This is done, Dallas Morning News either isn't aware of their "improved advertising experience" or has sacrificed Journalistic Integrity completely. As bad as tabloid news, total click bait, concerned now about mobile ransomware, forget it. Terrible and sad.
When DMN first launched an app, it was a buggy version of the real newspaper. But at least it was real writers, real stories, real news feeds from news wires. Now the app is slicker (though the app suffers from "crashing to a white screen every few sessions") but trying to discern what is real content and what is click bait/fake news is now a part of the DMN culture. I feel helpless and sad about this change. Ad-revenue is doubtlessly important but not at the expense of what should be journalistic integrity. If you don't stand up for news which is legit, it's time to sell DMN to TMZ.
Was a good app. Rip off now with pop up ads so much that you can not read news. Also keeps try to access camera. No telling what it is try to send off. Do not waste time with this app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: A.H. Belo Management Services, Inc.
- © 2015 A. H. Belo Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.