The Dallas Morning News App
By The Dallas Morning News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the story you want to know and get it fast.
The Dallas Morning News App is an up-to-the-minute source of breaking news, local business updates, lifestyles and entertainment headlines, plus all the sports coverage of the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, colleges and high school sports.
Our app has been completely rebuilt from scratch.
- Entirely new navigation, look, and feel
- Rich media articles, full of pics, gifs, videos, with more capabilities coming
- The Front Page houses only the most recently updated and curated stories that we feel are the "need to know"
- My Feed is the place for you to build a custom feed, filled with only the latest stories on the topics you care about
- Based on your Favorites, or modifiable in the Settings, pick the Push Notification content you want to see
- Local weather sourced by Accuweather
This digital version of the news maintains the principles of journalistic integrity you expect and appreciate from The Dallas Morning News. With a fair approach to both sides of every important question, it’s your most-trusted source of news, and now it’s at your fingertips. Get the latest news for the topics you care about in The Dallas Morning News App.
iOS8+ is required for this app to work.
What's New in Version 4.5
We love your feedback and are making updates based on it!
- Big updates with advertising: if there are ads, they will load faster for you and the experience will be better! If an ad spot is empty, it will disappear.
- Services in the background have been updated to provide a more rich Sports (SportsDay) and Entertainment (GuideLive) experience. We also made lists and stories load faster across the app.
Keep an eye out for future updates as we add exciting new features throughout the year!
Glitchy and full of text obscuring ads
I cancelled my print subscription after three months of writing and calling DMN didn't result in getting my Sunday paper delivered. Then I cancelled my digital subscription when the app just plain didn't work worth a darn. I thought I could rely on the free app to get the same value, but at some point, even free isn't worth the effort. This app is glitchy- bombing out frequently- and often times stories won't open. When they do, you can count on encountering one frustrating ad after another that block whole paragraphs of content.
So close, yet so far away.
This app it's a lot of things right as far as layout and base design is concerned. However, the inability to purchase a single ePaper issue or to even subscribe directly from the app is a bit maddening. There are mornings where I want to read the newspaper and would love to be able to just purchase an issue directly from the app. Alas, it appears, the Dallas Morning News does not want to make it easy for me to give them my money.
The last straw...
Here are my thoughts on The Dallas Morning News App:
With your endorsement of Hillary Clinton, it is time to permanently delete this app. DMN articles lean hostile to Texas values anyway. Goodbye.
P.S. None of your articles are optimized for viewing in this app. It is unbelievable that you'd have links telling us to click it if we're viewing from a mobile device. Photos are cut off. Some articles are only readable in landscape mode. I've put up with your bias and technical deficiencies because I'm interested in local news. Time to find something else.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 30, 2016
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: A.H. Belo Management Services, Inc.
- © 2015 A. H. Belo Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.