The Dallas Morning News App
By The Dallas Morning News
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Dallas Morning News App is an up-to-the-minute source of breaking news, local business updates, lifestyles and entertainment headlines, plus all the sports coverage of the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, colleges and high school sports.
Our app has been updated.
- New navigation, look and feel on tablets
- Articles include pictures, media, gifs and videos
- The Front Page has been expanded and includes all the “need to know” stories
- My Feed lets you build your own custom feed and lets you see only the articles you care about
- Receive alerts and notifications about the topics that are most important to you
This digital version of the news maintains the principles of journalistic integrity you expect and appreciate from The Dallas Morning News. With a fair approach to both sides of every important question, it’s your most-trusted sources of news and now it’s at your fingertips. Get the latest news for the topics you care about in The Dallas Morning News App.
The Dallas News App is a paid for content service.
• Option to have access to a 6 month term of the Dalls News app for iPhone and iPad for $29.99 (USD), or monthly access for $4.99 (USD)/month.
• Manage your iOS subscription in iTunes, payments charged to your Apple iTunes account.
• iOS subscriptions automatically renew unless disabled 24-hours before the renewal date. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Apple iTunes account settings.
• Terms of Service: https://www.dallasnews.com/terms-app
What's New in Version 4.7.0
Here’s what’s new:
Easy-login and setup features
Various bug fixes
Here’s what we are still working on:
A fix for app lock-ups
A better way to keep our morning coffee warm
Does not sync subscripton with Apple News!
I downloaded this app and paid for a subscription specifically so I could read Dallas Morning News (DMN) articles in Apple News. I really like the DMN journalism team and am willing to pay for their excellent local work. Even though I thought $5.40/month was high (w/tax), I was willing to give it a shot. But in Apple News any article from DMN wants me to sign up for an additional subscription to view the article. I guess they expect me to close out of Apple News and then go find the same article in the DMN app. Well that is not going to happen.
I contacted DMN and they offered no assistance at all, instead telling me to talk to Apple. Of course, Apple told me to talk to the developer and even included a link to the app support site from DMN, which is a dead link, both from the Apple support email and from the iTunes App Support button under the DMN app. They care so little about supporting their users that the support link does not even work!
I canceled my subscription, got a refund from Apple for the first month, and am deleting the app from all my devices. What a waste of effort.
There are several hundred news apps out there, and all of them could/should look at the Dallas News when designing their apps. It has advertising just like all apps, but the advertising is not intrusive like it is in almost every other app I have used. Thank you Dallas News for a great app!
Works Great Now
This app did have serious problems previously but all the issues I had problems with have been fixed. I'm a huge fan of DMN and I'm glad to see the developers listened. I love it now! Easy to navigate and a pleasure to read. Great job!
- Category: News
- Updated: May 31, 2017
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 42.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: A.H. Belo Management Services, Inc.
- © 2017 A. H. Belo Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 6 Months$29.99