With more than 10 MILLION installs and growing each day, it’s easy to see why Dan the Man has been awarded as one of the “Best of Games for 2016” across the major mobile platforms!
This legendary game dials back to gaming’s retro roots to bring you an action platformer brawler that you’d swear you’ve played in the old arcade! So download now and take control of the legendary (and often inappropriate hero) … Dan the Man!
With a cracking funny story, awesome upgradeable fighting skills and an epic arsenal of weapons that will make even the most heroic of heroes envious, Dan The Man's arcade fight fest has enough enemies and boss fights to satisfy every hardcore gamer.
Are you READY for this?
- Robo-bosses that will test their metal against your mettle!
- Upgradable weapons and abilities that will help you put the *smack* in smackdown!
- Customise your own character, or play as Dan, super girl Josie or Barry Steakfries! (IAP)
- Story Modes, Endless Survival and Battle Mode. Choose your mode of challenge!
- Secret Areas, unlockable costumes and Daily events to keep you on your toes!
- Retro style controls in the palm of your hands, with support for gamepads!
What are you waiting for? Join the epicness! Be legendary! PLAY NOW!
Catch up on the story before you play the game! Watch each stage of the web series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuNyw_z6mVdXCUK05PYmwYQ3Yozs9hsGs
This game contains optional in-app purchases. You can disable this feature in the settings menu of your device.
Views our terms of service at http://halfbrick.com/tos
GOOD NEWS! We continue adding content to the new ADVENTURE MODE:
• LINCOLN ADVENTURE: Guards have trapped him! FREE LINCOLN!
• NEW COSTUME: For your Custom Character.
We've addressed some minor technical issues to improve performance across the board. Thanks for playing and keep the feedback coming!
Fixed bug: local push notifications getting lost when app is killed
Removed Facebook "Friends" permission
Ratings and Reviews
Like its lovable heroes, this sidescrolling brawler packs a heck of a punch. The combat’s fast and fierce, spread across huge levels littered with foes and hidden areas. It’ll be a while before we unlock all the secrets and upgrades, but with so much retro-style fun, we don’t mind a bit.
So far, so good
This is a very fun game. Think Super Mario meets Metal Slug.
A lot of ads (hence, 4 stars instead of 5), but sadly that seems to be the norm these days. There is a premium option for sale with (reportedly) less ads, but I do long for the days when I could buy the full ad-free version of a game for $2-$5. I spent more real money on games then than I do now. Now I refuse to spend the money on principle. I'm not going to buy unending upgrades or features with real money. I'm just not going to do it.
Ads aside, the gameplay is great! Only one glitch so far (level 8-1-3), and after restarting, it loaded my most recent save point. The levels are nice and long too. Overall, I would recommend this game.
If any developers are reading this, I have one but of advice: Bring back the ad-free apps, please! I'd rather spend $50 of real money on an ad-free disc-based game from the local big-box store, than one penny on paid upgrades to a 'free' app. There are those of us who are willing and able to pay for full-featured, all-upgrades-unlockable (rather than for purchase), ad-free games. And we're willing to spend more for that than you think. We hate ads, and we hate the idea of having to use real money to buy fake money to upgrade. Just offer the option to pay more up front (if we must), and give us the full game, with no ads. Please!
A Masterpiece Being Held Back
Dan The Man is an amazing game, that can be compared to beat-em-up games of the old. And is probably one of the most real games I’ve played on a mobile device. But the overwhelming amount of ads you must watch Destroys the flow of gameplay! Every technical thing in this game requires you watching an ad, want to save progress? Ad. Need a little weapon or health from an item station? Ad. NEED TO PLAY THE NEXT LEVEL? AD! It’s to the point that this is the only game where I have found myself considering to buy a lackluster add on just to get rid of ads all together. To sum it up Dan The Man is a stellar game but the amount of ads is unbearable and destroys the flow of gameplay, and could’ve been handled much better with it maybe showing up in the pause screen or before and after a stage. It’s worth the try but if you are not someone fond of the waiting in many mobile games then it’s not worth the time.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- 110.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014-2018 Halfbrick Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (remove ads) $2.99
- Starter Pack 1 $1.99
- Barry Steakfries $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.