The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, once free spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of this aether of fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.
Welcome to a unique 2D metroidvania platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.
Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.
INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.
BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.
CHALLENGING PROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.
BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.
- Added an “Align with Camera” button! Now the map can be rotated in the map screen so the camera's north is also the map's north. So no back and forth between doors to see where you are going anymore.
- More details added on the map, to have less useless backtracking in the experience.
- Added smarter helpers to jump aim: the game will “know” that you want to go to another platform a little bit better now, even after you’re already locked to another platform.
- The Location of Dandara’s active spirit is now disclosed in the map.
- On touch mode, you can now change jump/attack swipe sides.
- On touch mode, you no longer break the aim so easily by going offshoot to the ground, making for example circular platforms more comfortable.
- iCloud support! Now you can share files between multiple devices!
- You can now turn off Vibration when using controllers.
- Triangle shots from Angular Soldiers now deal 2 damage (was 3 damage).
- Eldar shots got buffed (1 damage to 2 damage).
- Salt ghosts now recover 100% of your health on contact, including your own.
- Special Weapons are no longer “super effective” on Bull Soldiers.
- Desert of Remembrance’ s Army room can no longer soft lock players.
- Slightly added/remove white patches throughout the game!
- Dandara’s Salt Spirits no longer get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed bug where you can get soft locked after getting killed by Eldar no longer happens.
- Fixed bug where you could kill the first form of Eldar if you shot a Skull Shaft that pointed in the same direction as his movement.
- Eldar’s corners are no longer weak points.
Ratings and Reviews
Dandara is full of fascinating movement. Everything from weapon effects to subtle background details are beautifully animated. Swipe to launch yourself from platform to platform, and with practice, darting past obstacles while blasting enemies can be achieved with almost poetic precision. Impressive level design offers thrilling, almost puzzle-like combat and hides plenty of secrets for more patient adventurers to pursue. This is not an easy game, but for those willing to learn its intricacies, Dandara is immensely rewarding.
Finally, Nintendo will be scared
I've never really written a review but here it goes. No matter how often I play iPhone games they're always lacking the feel of a portable handheld game made by Nintendo for their new 3DS or even their older handheld consoles. That finally changed with this game. The feeling I get when playing Dandara is a cross between symphony of the night (castlevania) and super metroid. The movement is unique to the game as Dandara flies from jump pad to jump pad, otherwise the weapons, music, graphics and overall feel to the game does not feel like an IOS touchscreen game. I truly think this feature could make Nintendo worth. Because, if games like this continue to be released there will be no point for a 3DS anymore. Amazing job guys. My only thing I would like to see is the ability to switch the movement joystick and the gun joystick as I feel like for left / right handed people this could make a difference. I won't rate you down a star for this as the game was just released. If I could do more than two thumbs up I would. Again great job and thank you
Difficulty is an issue
( updated after developer feedback, appreciate the effort)
Ok, just bought this, lets write some review:
Reasons that will drive you away:
1. Survivability is an issue, you get to take 2 hits at the beginning, 3rd hit kills you, unless you can upgrade for more hp. However, the depth you have to progress in order to get enough resource to upgrade is scary. It doesn't feel like a upgrade curve(low level can upgrade fast, then harder when higher level) , it’s just scary at the beginning.
2. (Removed thanks to developer’s feedback)
3. You can’t panic, I mean, at all. In early game situations, some encounter will hit you hard that if you make a mistake(like miss a shot) you will lose another hp (remember you have 3hp only) . But I suppose this is challenging gameplay for someone.
4. Travel is an issue: you have camps, you have world map, but there doesn't seem to be ways to travel between camps. And the way this game rotates the room view( see it in the trailer) will make the map almost unreadable.
5. Risk is too high, reward is little: basically because of 2, every step in the game bears high risk, you worry about losing all your money all the time, but the game doesn't offer you the prize you deserve when you overcome these challenges.
Reasons you want this game:
1. You are hardcore gamer that loves challenge.
2. You like to master precise control with touch screen.
3. Controls are good , intuitive and very smooth.
Appreciate the feedback Tung, as you point out some of this is down to taste and willingness to spend the time to master the controls. One thing I can mention that may or may not help you is that you can collect your Salt if you perish. You must return where you died and pass through your spirit. Keep in mind if you perish before reaching it the salt will be lost. I hope you give it more time as there is a lot to discover, but it won't be easy.
- Raw Fury AB
- 716.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Copyright 2017 Raw Fury AB. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.