Dandy requires at least an iPhone 4s, iPad 2, or iPod Touch 5G.
Deceptively cute, Dandy is a bit of a different take on a 2D shoot 'em up.
Enemies are reactive and their behavior is based on your actions. Going in guns (er, wands) blazing is usually not the best idea. As you encounter new enemies, you'll need to experiment and figure out their behavior, with an almost puzzle like element to getting through each set of enemies. Each map is randomly generated and power-ups are randomly spawned, so each run through is different.
• Thousands of power-up combinations, with powerful synergies to discover. Each powerup gives Dandy a completely new look.
• Procedurally generated maps make each playthrough different and challenging.
• Reactive enemies that force you to strategize. Coming in with guns (er, wands) blazing will often be a bad choice.
• Awesome original soundtrack.
• Universal App - Buy once to play on all your iOS devices.
• Pay Once and Play
• The Alchemist's Compendium
Complete research goals to unlock new Candy ingredients and discover the mysteries of Dandy's world. There are 9 new power-ups and a ton of helpful hints to unlock.
• World Tendency
The game now adapts to your skill by introducing new evolved enemies. The better you do, the more of these evolved enemies will show up to keep you on your toes.
• Game Center Achievements
• Fixed possible crash when collecting a powerup while an enemy bullet is still active.
• Increased the base scrolling speed to slightly reduce the time between encounters.
• Wad no longer homes if behind Dandy.
• Blob no longer explodes if behind Dandy.
• Fixed memory leak when returning to main menu.
• Adjusted powerup statue positions on the map.
• Balanced final boss hp.
• Decreased overall memory usage.
• Fixed Idlephobe (green shield guy) getting stuck if he changed states too quickly.
• Reflected bullets will now scale correctly.
• Spitball and Popper (upgraded Jumper variants) now correctly continue moving forward when hit.
Ratings and Reviews
The shmup rogue-like that you've always wanted!
This is a wonderful mashup of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne poured into a shmup mould. Tons of items to unlock, intensely challenging enemies and bosses, quirky yet cute art and music. This game has it all! The first update has brought along more powerups, tougher enemies and a compendium which does a lot to expand the universe.
This is one of the best pho- no, one of the best indie games I've ever played. Dandy is a beautiful side-scrolling shooter where you play as (presumably) a candy alchemist. Using your candy inventions too blast your way through an endless army of baddies. Not as repetitive as you may think but very hard. If you're a hardcore gamer looking for something new and exciting definitely check this gem out. A word of advice, this does have an ending.
All real gamers rejoice!
Hardcore gamers, and real gamers, not casual gamers or people who call themselves gamers because they play clash of clans or Boom beach please rejoice, this is the game your looking for. Yes it's hard. Yes there's permadeath, but this game rocks and with the new update coming, it'll be even better. Don't be swayed by one star reviews please and download this game
- Wefiends, Inc.
- 128.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 wefiends, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.