Danger Text - never stop writing
By Richard Shilton
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*SALE! Discounted price to celebrate discounted prices!*
Danger Text is a text creation motivational tool that laughs in the face of writers block and procrastination. It is the perfect tool for rapidly writing—and sharing—your stories and ideas.
But be warned: if you stop writing for more than a few seconds before Danger Text says you can, you will lose it all.
Featuring the in app publication 'The Danger Times', where you can optionally publish your stories and read other users submissions. You can even read the latest stories from The Danger Times on your Apple Watch.
Never stop writing.
Five different writing modes:
- Standard - just keep writing and you'll be fine
- Head start - Danger Text will start you off
- Stream of consciousness - if you stop to think you'll fail
- No going back - don't delete a thing
Once you've finished, you can email, airdrop, or share your creation. Danger Text will save your recent text creations for viewing and exporting at a later time.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Updated design
- By request: you can now choose your writing font
- Apple watch app for reading The Danger Times
- Migrated code to the latest version of swift
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the app, please get in touch!
Just got it and loving the app.
Great App! Just needs a few features to become amazing!
To the Dev: first of all I just want to say thanks for making this app. I've been using it for my creative writing and it's forced me to keep writing.
To would-be writers: Here are a few great things about this app:
1. You can switch "modes" - this either gives you a more relaxed or intense writing experience which is great for different scenarios. Sometimes I want to write slowly without editing, sometimes I just need to bang out some words. There are modes for either mood, which is great.
2. You can see when the text is fading so the erasure doesn't sneak up on you unexpectedly.
3. Timing is excellent-- ranges from 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes of free-write time. Sometimes you don't have the luxury of writing for 15-30 minutes at a time, sometimes all you need is a 5-minute warmup and you're good to go. This app gives you those options.
4. You can choose what font you want to use, and they have AMERICAN TYPEWRITER! Woohoo!
This app would be 5-stars if the following features would be added:
1. Dark mode option: white characters on black background.
2. Ability to adjust text-size and margins- I write on a 12.9" iPad Pro and sometimes the text feels a little small and the margins are too wide-- I'd like to be able to adjust the margins, even if it's just a 3-stage adjustment (kind of like the Kindle app?) When writing fast in the app (essentially writing and reading at the same time) it's not comfortable to scan across the entire page while I'm formulating my next sentence.
Overall the app is a great value and has helped my writing. The pros outweigh the cons, but having these two features would really make this app shine.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 09, 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Shilton
- © 2016 Richard Shilton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.