"Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
***AWARDS AND HONORS***
***Rock Paper Shotgun - 50 Best RPGs of All Time***
***IGN - Best of 2016: 2 Nominations***
***IGF 2016 - 3 Nominations***
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.
* The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
* Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
* Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
* Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
* 15 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
* Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
* Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
* Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
* 3 game modes and over 80 hours of gameplay*
Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?
Descend at your peril!
Please note that the game currently supports the following languages only: English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese
Our brand new DLC The Color of Madness is now available, along with the Musketeer and many updates to the base game!
* New region: The Farmstead!
* Endless Quest: Survive as long as you can while getting lost in time and space, confronted by unending waves of enemies new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet.
* Twisted new trinkets, available for purchase from the Jeweler. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
* All-New Enemy Faction: The Miller and his loyal workmen have become eerie husks of their former selves.
* 3 new bosses - The Miller, The Thing From the Stars, and the Comet itself!
* New Curios help keep your party in fighting shape as you face the enless hordes!
* Expand your Hamlet with 4 new District buildings and reap their benefits.
* New Quirks, with unique and powerful effects!
* Our biggest soundtrack addition yet from Stuart Chatwood
* New hero class: The Musketeer (mechanically identical to Arbalest)
* Musketeer class-specific trinkets.
Ratings and Reviews
This is not relaxing. This is not simple. But it is so, so good.
Great Dungeon Crawler!
I experienced Darkest Dungeon for the first time watching people on Twitch playing the game on the PC. I loved the visual presentation of the game - that dark noir style artwork, the animations, the narration, the music...it was just a great looking dungeon crawler - one you didn’t need a high end PC to play. Before buying the game myself, I read reviews online - the biggest gripe for most is the “random number generator”, and because of the randomness, you never know what will work and what won’t. For someone trying to beat the game, I can see how that can be a frustration. For me, though, I guess I’m more of a casual player, and if my group of adventurers don’t make it through a quest, it’s no big deal. I’ll just recruit a new group and try again, or even try again from a new slate by starting up a new game. I just think this is a beautiful and in-depth game that’s a great time killer! Being able to have this game on the tablet is a huge bonus! Some say the menus are too small, but for my iPad 2 Air’s screen, it seems fine. The fact that you can share saves between your PC and tablet is a nice feature, too! If you play this game to win, you’ll probably get frustrated with it eventually. If you play to just enjoy the game - win or lose - you will probably enjoy this game.
Immersive and Stressful, in a good way.
When I first saw this game, I though it would be an interesting thing to try out. Granted, it did take some getting used to the whole system of strategy, but now it is so immersive I can’t put it down once I start a session (which usually last for hours before I’m ready to stop).
This game has a way of putting stress not only on the characters you control, but on you as well. The jarring hits and sound effects, the dark design of enemies, and the idea that random encounters or unfavorable events could happen at any time makes me nervous and tense, yet more ready than ever to tear my enemies apart piece by piece.
My only wish is that while there is a lot of adventurers already, I feel one or two more with different themes would round out my roster more fully. All in all, this is a sound investment to those who like turn based action.
- Red Hook Studios Inc.
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015-2017 Red Hook Studios Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Shieldbreaker $1.99
- The Crimson Court $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.