Save yourself from the multi-app workflow and discover the most well-designed, integrated, and powerful editing app for iOS. iPad support, RAW support, Portrait editing, hashtag manager, custom filter, content-aware frames, and so, so much more.
## Praise for Darkroom
• “Darkroom [is] the new champion of photo editing for your iPhone” — The Sweet Setup
• Best of the App Store 2015 — Apple
• “One of the best photo editors available for iOS.” — The Verge
• “I think @usedarkroom is the best photo editing app on iOS platform.” — Om Malik
## Main Features
• A Single Universal App
From the smallest iPhones to the biggest iPads, Darkroom has the most responsive interface among iOS photo editors. The interface is hand-tuned to look fantastic in every size.
• Library Sync
All your photos are instantly available. Delete, Hide, Favorite, and Export are all synced to your Photo library automatically.
• RAW and Large image support
A full range of cameras formats supported, up to 120MP and support for arbitrarily large JPEGs.
• Depth Editing & Depth-Aware Filters
Edit the foreground and background of Portrait-mode photos separately. Apply Depth-Aware Filters that extend the contrast intelligently.
• Pro Tools
The most usable Curves and Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
• Content-Aware Frames
Darkroom analyzes your photo and picks out frame colors that complement your photo's aesthetic. Choose from a range of aspect ratio, custom widths, and built-in color palette.
• Hashtag Manager & Siri Shortcuts
Create sets of hashtags that you can export with one-tap from anywhere: Home screen, Today widget, Export sheet, and more. Create your own Siri Shortcuts to copy all your favorite hashtags from any app.
• Create your own filters
10 bundled filters, and 20 premium filters. Edit to match your photo.
• Batch Processing
Edit, manage, and export multiple photos at once at blazing speed.
Crop at full zoom, get the perfect perspective, flip, rotate, add borders, and many meaningful aspect ratios.
• The Full Photographer's Toolbox
Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Saturation, Vibrance, Fade, Vignette, Sharpness, and Split Tones.
• Export Options
Export uncompressed TIFF and PNG files, or save space with 100%, 95% or 80% compressed JPEGs.
• Live Photo Editing
Edit, view, and export your full Live Photos with their sound and their videos. All edited to match.
• Photo Strip
Quickly scroll through your entire library to jump to a different photo or to compare version of the same composition.
Darkroom for iPad is finally here! We've taken the same simplicity, beauty, efficiency, and power that you know and love, and scaled it way, way up. The new iPad interface is designed to take full advantage of the bigger screen real estate and be a first-class citizen on the new platform. With support for multi-tasking and keyboard shortcuts, Darkroom now sports a desktop-grade photo editing experience, in the same mobile-friendly, easy-to-use package you're familiar with.
New in this release:
* Responsive interface: One app for all devices and orientations, supports iPad multitasking, and landscape mode on iPhones.
* iPad Only: Extensive Keyboard Shortcuts support. Hold the Command (cmd) key on your keyboard in any view to see an overview.
* iPad Only: Introducing the Photo Strip when viewing and editing photos. Allows you to quickly and visually tap through your library and take quick actions like copy and pasting edits.
* Darkroom x Moment: Along with our existing Halide integration, we've added support for the Moment Pro Camera app and its magnificent lenses.
iPhone & iPad Changes
* Added quick filters for: Screenshots, Selfies, Panoramas, Live Photos, Hidden Photos, Portrait Photos, and Recently Deleted.
* Library Sync now supports Albums. Renamed, deleted, and newly-created Albums show up automatically.
* Albums now show a photo preview of their contents.
* The design of the Batch experience has been updated to stand out more clearly.
* Sliders are now full width and include a value label.
* Sliders no longer snap back to 0 as easily when a changed value is less than 10%
* Photos opened from Moment or Halide now allow you to navigate through the library.
* New Gestures: Two-finger tap for undo, three-finger tap for redo.
* Filter Strength
* Copying and pasting, and creating a filter now respects the strength value.
* To prevent confusion we now persistently show the strength on the filter when used.
* Redesigned the Filter options dialog to make better use of space.
* Transform Tool
* Added a Done button that closes the tool to make it more explicit on how to proceed.
* The options for both Aspect Ratio and Grid Layouts now open inline instead of as an action sheet.
* Color Tool
* Added a live Color Histogram, making it far easier to see what color wells need to be adjusted to change color in a photo (Landscape layouts only).
* Updated the labels and buttons throughout the app to no longer be all-caps, making for a much friendlier feel.
* Redesigned our App Icon for a fresh new look, and used the opportunity to change the accent color in the app to our new signature Crimson Red.
* Added extensive right-to-left language support.
iPad Only Changes
* Added buttons to quickly Undo and Redo, and to see the unedited photo.
* Added a button to quickly zoom out if you were zoomed in.
* Added a button for the Meta Data tool.
* Added a persistent button to all tools to show and hide the edits of the tools.
* Added a persistent button to all tools to Reset all edits in respective tool.
* Transform Tool
* Expanded all of the options “hidden” behind taps inline, originally optimized for the much smaller screen of the iPhone.
Ratings and Reviews
You don’t need lots of time or pro skills to make the most of this ultra-fast, super-intuitive photo editor. Darkroom can access your whole photo library at once, letting you immediately start cropping, adjusting curves, and using preset filters or creating your own—until your pics are exactly how you want them.
Restored previous purchases
Not the most intuitive means of restoring previous purchases but FINALLY found the settings menu and now all is well.
3 stars because this should also be a full resolution iPad app. Take care of that and this review goes to 5 stars.
After the developer responded to my 3 star review saying “Apple doesn’t make it very easy for us to restore purchases……”, I have to add that this has never been case with other Apps – in this case it was a matter of finding the settings to be able to do this. My feelings are that developers need to standardize on the look and position of the settings gear! I upped my review by a star as they noted they were working on an iPad version, even though I feel it should have been developed for that in the first place. If this happens, I’ll make it a 5 star review.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your honest review. Apple doesn't make it very easy for us to restore purchases, so yeah you have to go to settings to do this. As for iPad, we are actively working on it. We want to do it right.
I recently discovered the Darkroom App. I immediately purchased full functionality. For years, I have made “social media” posts by editing JPG files with less than ideal image quality. Frustration finally led me to search for a better option than the stock Nikon wireless mobile utility and Apple Photos on my iPhone. That’s how I came across Darkroom (and ShutterSnitch by a different developer which allows me to download RAW files in bulk off of my Nikon camera). This combination is incredible; I only wish I would have discovered it earlier.
Note to developers: I just sent an email to you with a couple of suggestions that might make your 5 star app even better 😊
Developer Response ,
Thank you for you kind and thorough review!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Bergen Co.
- 40 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bergen Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools & Premium Filters $9.99
- Pro Tools $7.99
- Premium Filters $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.