Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder is an accident camera which records the traffic situation continuously in a loop. When it detects a high acceleration, be it an accident or just strong braking, it stores the last minute into the video library. It allows to render all important telemetry data, such as speed, location, pitch, heading, distance, time, date, etc. directly into your video while it is recorded with your devices' camera. Thus any manipulation is nearly impossible. The 'head up display' instruments are freely configurable in size and they are movable in the picture frame.
You can configure the length of the video loop and the 'incident saving delay'. The latter ensures that even the seconds after the crash are recorded as well. Further you can configure the strength of the acceleration that is needed to trigger saving the video. You might need to play around with that threshold depending on your car and your driving habits.
► Available instruments for Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder
• "Speed”: Graphical instrument displaying current speed of your camera
• "Compass”: Graphical instrument displaying current magnetic compass angle; relative to north
• "Heading”: Graphical instrument displaying current movement heading vector; relative to north
• "Roll/Pitch”: Graphical instrument displaying roll and pitch of your camera
• "G-Force”: Graphical instrument displaying horizontal and vertical G-Forces experienced by your cam
• "Date”: Current date
• "Time”: Current time
• "DateTime”: Current date and time as 1-or 2-line text display
• "Position”: GPS position coordinates of you location as 1-or 2-line text display
• "Heading”: Heading angle of current movement heading vector of your camera relative to north
• "Compass”: Compass angle of your cam viewing vector of your camera relative to north
• "Altitude”: Altitude based on GPS
• "Distance”: Distance traversed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
• "Duration": Duration passed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
• "No Instrument”: Needed if you do not want to display anything in a particular instrument slot
► Further infos for Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder
• Video recorder movie format: MPEG-4, 720p
• Supports video recording in landscape & portrait
• Instruments are movable and available in different sizes
• GPS and Gyro are used to update telemetry data in realtime
• Supports metric, imperial and nautical units
• Universal app running on iPhone and iPad
• Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder always tries to setup the highest fps camera mode available on the device. However the actual frame rates achieved are lower and they vary depending on the graphics power of your device. The realtime telemetry update along with realtime video movie recording and concurrent display update is a demanding process that requires certain power. Therefore older devices might experience lower frame rates.
• Please note that Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder can be started on devices without GPS support. However it does not make much sense on these devices since GPS-based telemetry data such as speed, location, etc. cannot be updated.
• Audio recording is supported
• Since nearly all battery consuming services like GPS, GPU graphics, gyroscope, video camera, movie encoding and movie recording are simultaneously used, the app is battery demanding. Take care of that!
• Frame rates: iPhone 6 and above approx. 60 fps, iPhone 5 approx. 30 fps depending on telemetry displays selected
Please have a look on our promotion video: http://www.cneubauer.net/en/car-dash-camera
► Notes from the developer
Please rate and review every new version of the app in the app store!
Any feedback and/or improvement feature requests are highly welcome.
It helps to further develop Dash Cam - Car Video Camcorder.
The pro version contains all IAP features and is ad-free.
► Fixed startup problem with iPhone 7
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a decent app that does what it’s supposed to. I dislike that I can’t open a different app in front of it and have it record in the background. It also only has a three minute record loop. It should go continuous or at least have a 15 min record time. That’s an average trip time.
Lastly don’t pay for it. I did... nothing changed. It’s the same app I had for free. I feel a little cheated
Note to developers: iPhone 7, if you open app, then close it (ex to open directions or play music) then reopen the app, it crashes immediately. And may take as many as 3-5 attempts to stop the crashing.
Edit I lowered my rating. It puts such a demand on your device it causes it to overheat. This is on three different apple products. One star not usable.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. In iOS you can’t use the camera in background. That is the reason why that app only works in foreground. The record loop length does not matter, because it only records after crash events anyway. So 2 min. before the crash should be sufficient. Furthermore the free version only allows a limited number of usages. If buy the pro version you get unlimited access. In order to reduce the computational demand of the app please reduce the number of instruments. This can be done in the settings by selecting “No instrument”.
Descent app but after I upgraded it started to crash on startup with music playing through Bluetooth. Uninstalled and reinstalled and now it’s saying I never paid for the upgrade. Don’t have time to mess with it so I guess I just wasted my money.
Developer Response ,
Please go to the Upgrade-Tab and press "Restore purchases". This will bring back "Pro" for free should you have re-installed the App. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I just purchased the pro version The G force setting on it is messed up. Every few seconds it asked me to save the video so the app completely worthless. I can’t drive a car and miss with this thing constantly
Developer Response ,
You can adjust the force sensitivity. Please go to Settings and increase the sensitivity threshold.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Christian Neubauer
- 68.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 IBN Software
- In-App Purchases
- Dashcam Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.