DashCommand is an app for your car. It turns your iPhone/iPad/iPod into an advanced display for your engine data.
Want to know why the check engine light keeps going on? Check it with DashCommand.
Want to know what your horsepower, torque, or acceleration is, in real time? Display it with DashCommand.
Want to monitor and improve your gas mileage or fuel consumption as you drive? Do it with DashCommand.
Ever wished you had your own customizable gauges, showing only the data you were interested in? DashCommand can help.
--- SEMA Show 1st runner-up for best mobile electronics product.
--- Four time SEMA Global Media Award winner!
DISCLAIMER: DashCommand requires a compatible third party hardware interface, purchased separately, to communicate with the vehicle.
DashCommand supports all OBD-II and EOBD compliant vehicles sold worldwide. Please verify that your vehicle is OBD-II/EOBD compliant before purchasing!
OBD-II Hardware compatibility:
- ELM compatible WiFi
- GoPoint GL1 (hardwired) or BT1 (Bluetooth)
For more info see: http://palmerperformance.com/hardware
Get the benefit of multiple gauges without the overwhelming clutter and the expense!
(Note: Not all OBD-II compliant vehicles will have support for all of these parameters)
- engine speed
- corrected vehicle speed
- open/closed loop
- boost/vacuum combo gauge
- acceleration (and braking)
Fuel economy gauges:
- inst. fuel economy
- avg fuel economy
- avg fuel economy over 3 time periods
- distance to empty
- time to empty
- fuel level %
- fuel remaining in tank
- fuel flow rate gauge
- timing (spark advance)
- engine coolant temp.
- intake air temp.
- ambient air temp.
- manifold absolute pressure
- mass air flow
- fuel trims, short and long term
- percent engine load
- catalyst temp.
- fuel pressure
- lambda gauge
- air/fuel ratio
DashCommand also contains a sophisticated trip computer that maintains stats for up to 5 trips.
- distance travelled
- fuel consumed
- avg fuel economy
- fuel cost
- elapsed time
- drive time
- average carbon dioxide emission rate
- total carbon dioxide emission
- start date & time
- number of fillups
- avg fuel flow rate
- avg driving speed
- avg trip speed
- avg boost/vacuum
- avg engine speed
- max acceleration
- max engine power and torque at wheels
- number of stops
- max fuel flow rate
- max speed
- idle time
- max boost/vacuum
- max engine speed
- max braking acceleration
- max engine torque
- % distance travelled while not in gear
- % distance travelled in each gear
- % distance travelled in non-optimal gear
- % time spent while not in gear
- % time spent in each gear
- % time spent while in a non-optimal gear
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes
- IM Readiness status
- Professional skidpad showing lateral and accel/braking Gs with min/max indicators
- Race track visually maps out your location, acceleration and braking as you drive laps around the track allows you to visually analyze different race track laps to see how acceleration and braking changed from lap to lap thus helping you to improve your lap times on your next outing.
- Inclinometer shows rolling angle and vehicle pitch for off-roading.
- Support for OBD-II diagnostics. Find out why your check-engine light is on and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Data logging, record and playback log files showing OBD-II and acceleration data
Also compatible with the Pioneer AppRadio
Manufacturer-specific data is available for select vehicles, through In-App purchase.
Visit the DashCommand product page for more info:
Added support for Carista BLE interface
Updated Tuxedo dashboard to support kml units on the performance page
Ratings and Reviews
Works as advertised
Many others have explained why this app is worth buying. I'm writing to contradict two negative reviews. One said you can't get back to the main menu after activating a dashboard without shutting down the app and restarting it. Not so. Just tough the screen for two seconds and a menu will appear that allows you to return to the main screen. Second, someone said it doesn't work with vehicles after 2014. Also not true. Works fine with our 2016 Subaru Forester. The database that comes with the app doesn't include vehicles newer than 2014, but you can manually input model information and parameters for any newer vehicle. One minor quibble: the gauges on a couple of the dashboards are too small to be legible on an iPhone 6, but you can access the same information in other ways. A fine app. Works flawlessly with Amazon's recommended Foseal OBD II WiFi dongle.
Really Impressed, actually works on a BMW
I purchased a Kiwi3 and after finding out the app designed for the unit didn't even work, I gave this a try since it was given such good reviews online. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy something else and I'd happily do it again. This app works, connects instantly with the reader, and gives me every bit of info I could have wanted to know about my 2007 BMW X3. I was worried since it was a beemer I'd have issues with some of the features actually working, but I was pleasantly surprised when literally everything worked without any customization or hassle. This is the one and only app you want or need for a Bluetooth OBD2 reader.
Good tool and toy
This app does a decent scan but as is it really works great for before and after installs or changes to tune. It will give a before and after hp 60' 1/8m and 1/4m times with speed too. All sorts of cool gauge packs available too.
I bought along time ago to be a general scan tool but my current use is for tuning on my turbo BMW, I had no idea before purchasing I would be using to check performance upgrades on my personal car, but I sure am stoked with it's vast usefulness and info.
If you tune your car or truck and don't have this app your missing out on real info...
- AUTO METER PRODUCTS, INC.
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- GM 2004 $9.99
- GM 2003 $9.99
- GM 2005 $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.