By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Special price from Black Friday till Cyber Monday 2015 with 50 % discount (regular is US$ 9.99 )
We have 40+ apps on the app store, look for otherBlack Friday till Cyber Monday bargains!
Data Creator is an advanced data generator that can create table filled with pseudo-random custom content in just few clicks.
You can select which kind of fields (columns) you like (name of animals, colors, fruits, english surname, german names and so on with over 50 different kind of data) and have all the contents filled for how many rows you like in a click.
It can export to Comma separated value, Tab separated values, html tables, even web pages ready to click or in any custom format you like.
Data Creator is a must have for any power user or developer working with database or web pages when in need of neutral realistic generated data for prototyping or test purpose.
Data Creator can be used to create small or very large data sets (thousands and thousands of records) for fast prototyping or stress test of structures and scripts.
Using Data Creator you can now perform serious demo and software test using realistic data and not just repetitive unrealistic text fields created with copy and paste. Data Creator can be used any time you need to produce massive, heterogeneous, realistic data for any development, or test or demo purpose.
Data Creator is simple to use and powerful, with over 50 different types of data to insert in custom created data tables.
Created data can be heterogeneous, various and absolutely realistic, thanks to a large internal database of data to create dataset that looks true during demonstration and usage test. It uses an intuitive Mac OS X interface any Mac user is able to use from the first launch.
It's fast to create data, in a click it can create thousands and thousand rows of data
It's fast to let you see and change data thanks to a latest generation interface
It's fast to let you use data, it uses a state of the art export interface with great features. It let you select in which format to export. It can even export in ready to use web pages in html format
One of the greatest feature of Data Creator is the Custom export that let you specify in great details the format to use to export.
You can specify code to embed at the start and at the end of the file, at the start and end of any record, before and after any field and the tag to use as field separator.
Data Creator is a must have for any developer or webmaster. Using it as a generator of realistic data you will discover work is a lot better and your presentations or tests will have an asset more similar to the true working conditions.
• Allows over 50 different type of data (Full list at our web site) filling
• Creates realistic data from very large internal data sources including names and surnames with various country origin (USA, Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and many more types (emails, colors, animals, cheese, name street by country and so on..)
• Creation and definition of new columns (fields) at any time
• Optional prefix and suffix for any data field
• Date range with custom formatting
• Can create thousands and thousands of records in few seconds
• Can manage records as in a true database, with add, delete, refresh sort and full undo support
• Can modify add and delete and refresh records at any time
• Can save data and structures inside documents for later reuse and modification
• Can export in TSV or CSV or HTML or Custom (with user defined tags and separators) format inside text file for use in external software (Database or other)
• Can export in a totally custom format where you specify the format in any details!
• Can use name fields as first row of export
Data Creator is fully Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) optimized
It requires minimum Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Come to our site www.TensionSoftware.com to download an unlicensed version and judge the app by yourself!
Money back if you buy and you don't like the app.
What's New in Version 1.5
• New creator type: USA cities, Italian cities, French cities, German Cities.
• Bug fix: Changing format to export, the file extension was not changing automatically
• Other minor bug fix.
• Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
I found this app easy to use and helpful in my work. I do have some recommended feature additions, if the developers are interested. It would be nice to have an option to select a unique number (within a given range). For example, in a horse race every horse has a unique post position typically ranging from 1 to about 25 at most. It would be nice to select the number in range feature and tick a box that makes sure the autonumber selected is unique for each record generated. As it is now, I have to go in and delete duplicated numbers. For a small list that’s not a big issue, but I think such an option could be easy to add and helpful. Keep up the good work.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Oct 29, 2015
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- ©2012-2015 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor