By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Data Creator can create sample tables (rows and columns) as you like and fill them with pseudo-random proper content (rows of content) with a single click.
You can select which kind of fields (columns) you like (name of animals, colors, fruits, english surname, german names and so on with over 50 different kind of data) and have all the contents filled for how many rows you like in a click. It can export to Comma separated value, Tab separated values, html tables, even web pages ready to click or in any custom format you like.
Data creator is a must have for any power user or developer working with database or web pages when in need of neutral realistic data for prototyping or test purpose.
Data Creator can be used to create small or very large data sets (thousands and thousands of records) for fast prototyping or stress test of structures and scripts.
Using Data Creator you can now perform serious demo and software test using realistic data and not just repetitive unrealistic text fields created with copy and paste. Data Creator can be used any time you need to produce massive, heterogeneous, realistic data for any development, or test or demo purpose.
Data Creator is simple to use and powerful, with over 50 different types of data to insert in custom created data tables.
Created data can be heterogeneous, various and absolutely realistic, thanks to a large internal database of data to create dataset that looks true during demonstration and usage test. It uses an intuitive Mac OS X interface any Mac user is able to use from the first launch.
It's fast to create data, in a click it can create thousands and thousand rows of data
It's fast to let you see and change data thanks to a latest generation interface
It's fast to let you use data, it uses a state of the art export interface with great features. It let you select in which format to export. It can even export in ready to use web pages in html format
One of the greatest feature of Data Creator is the Custom export that let you specify in great details the format to use to export.
You can specify code to embed at the start and at the end of the file, at the start and end of any record, before and after any field and the tag to use as field separator.
You can specify if to use or not the name of the field as first row and other details
Data Creator is a must have for any developer or webmaster.
• Allows over 50 different type of data (Full list at our web site) filling
• Creates realistic data from very large internal data sources including names and surnames with various country origin (USA, Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and many more types (emails, colors, animals, cheese, name street by country and so on..)
• Creation and definition of new columns (fields) at any time
• Optional prefix and suffix for any data field
• Date range with custom formatting
• Can create thousands and thousands of records in few seconds
• Can manage records as in a true database, with add, delete, refresh sort and full undo support
• Can modify add and delete and refresh records at any time
• Can save data and structures inside documents for later reuse and modification
• Can export in TSV or CSV or HTML or Custom (with user defined tags and separators) format inside text file for use in external software (Database or other)
• Can export in a totally custom format where you specify the format in any details!
• Can use name fields as first row of export
Data Creator is fully Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks optimized
It requires minimum Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Come to our site www.TensionSoftware.com to download an unlicensed version and judge the app by yourself!
Money back if you buy and you don't like the app.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Better organization of data kind to insert with an improved layout
- Movable and adjustable key fields and data columns
- Copy selected rows as CVS, TSV, html table and full html table embedded inside an html page
- Improved engines to generate data
- Bug fix
Doesn’t work - Money Back guarantee above is IMPOSSIBLE so beware
Well, it doesn’t work. Least not on Mavericks, and the developer just keeps telling me it must be my computer, because it can’t possibly be the app. I can’t Export anything, it doesn’t do anything. No error messages or any indication that there’s a problem, just doesn’t do anything. Also, whenever I re-open the app, the first field of all Records returns to gibberish - the original content of the field - when you create Records, they are automatically filled in with gibberish and the first field does not retain your entries... The app interface leaves much to be desired. The fields do not automatically switch to Uppercase or Lowercase if you select say “Alphanumeric Uppercase” for instance. It doesn’t matter what you select for any field actually, you can still type in whatever you want. You have to manually add each field, there’s nothing ‘smart’ about the app. For instance, there’s no Preferences to set for this app, other than one option regarding what to do at startup.
I have been in contact via several emails, including screenshots, step by step, and still have not received my refund. “Money back if you buy and don’t like the app” is proving to be very difficult. Even telling this guy that the app is broken, and still no refund… I am planning to report him to Apple later today if I don’t get my refund.
*UPDATE: I reported this developer to Apple because I discovered the App actually does not delete from the system so I’m suspecting something worse, and developer stopped responding, so there was no resolution reached. According to Apple’s Policy, the App Purchase was eligible for a Refund anyway through iTunes, so I got my refund, but not through the developer directly.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Dec 03, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- ©2012-2013 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor