By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Data Creator is an advanced data generator that can create table filled with pseudo-random custom content in just few clicks.
You can select which kind of fields (columns) you like (name of animals, colors, fruits, english surname, german names and so on with over 50 different kind of data) and have all the contents filled for how many rows you like in a click.
It can export to Comma separated value, Tab separated values, html tables, even web pages ready to click or in any custom format you like.
Data Creator is a must have for any power user or developer working with database or web pages when in need of neutral realistic generated data for prototyping or test purpose.
Data Creator can be used to create small or very large data sets (thousands and thousands of records) for fast prototyping or stress test of structures and scripts.
Using Data Creator you can now perform serious demo and software test using realistic data and not just repetitive unrealistic text fields created with copy and paste. Data Creator can be used any time you need to produce massive, heterogeneous, realistic data for any development, or test or demo purpose.
Data Creator is simple to use and powerful, with over 50 different types of data to insert in custom created data tables.
Created data can be heterogeneous, various and absolutely realistic, thanks to a large internal database of data to create dataset that looks true during demonstration and usage test. It uses an intuitive Mac OS X interface any Mac user is able to use from the first launch.
It's fast to create data, in a click it can create thousands and thousand rows of data
It's fast to let you see and change data thanks to a latest generation interface
It's fast to let you use data, it uses a state of the art export interface with great features. It let you select in which format to export. It can even export in ready to use web pages in html format
One of the greatest feature of Data Creator is the Custom export that let you specify in great details the format to use to export.
You can specify code to embed at the start and at the end of the file, at the start and end of any record, before and after any field and the tag to use as field separator.
You can specify if to use or not the name of the field as first row and other details
Data Creator is a must have for any developer or webmaster. Using it as a generator of realistic data you will discover work is a lot better and your presentations or tests will have an asset more similar to the true working conditions, plus Data Creator can generate massive data sets to simulate heavy operative conditions.
• Allows over 50 different type of data (Full list at our web site) filling
• Creates realistic data from very large internal data sources including names and surnames with various country origin (USA, Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and many more types (emails, colors, animals, cheese, name street by country and so on..)
• Creation and definition of new columns (fields) at any time
• Optional prefix and suffix for any data field
• Date range with custom formatting
• Can create thousands and thousands of records in few seconds
• Can manage records as in a true database, with add, delete, refresh sort and full undo support
• Can modify add and delete and refresh records at any time
• Can save data and structures inside documents for later reuse and modification
• Can export in TSV or CSV or HTML or Custom (with user defined tags and separators) format inside text file for use in external software (Database or other)
• Can export in a totally custom format where you specify the format in any details!
• Can use name fields as first row of export
Data Creator is fully Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks optimized
It requires minimum Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Come to our site www.TensionSoftware.com to download an unlicensed version and judge the app by yourself!
Money back if you buy and you don't like the app.
What's New in Version 1.4
- New (faster) algorithm for records creation
- Better handling of creation of a higher number of records in a single command
- Improved more informative progress toolbar for longer operations
- More commands to add, delete and set number of records
- Improved menus
- Bug fix regarding the fields table
- Bug fix regarding the record table
- Other bug fixes
- Improved general stability using a more resilient code
Clever tool - solves a common problem quickly for databases
If you do database work, this simple tool is not too pricey and worth the $10 spent -- it's fast and does what you expect. It's easy to build a table within a minute or two and then create thousands of rows of reasonably realistic-looking test data within seconds. (I haven't tested its upper limits of row creation though.) The data table can be exported as CSV, TSV, an HTML table or full HTML page, or as a file with custom separators.
This version (1.4.0) works fine on Yosemite but does have a few quirks: I noticed there was a little bug where I couldn't enter a 4-digit year in a date field to give a range of dates, but tediously had to use the buttons to click back to the year in wanted. Also, while there is a selection of names, street addresses, and states/provinces for several nationalities, the developer oddly omits some fields that would have been logical to include, such as a "City" field and a "Phone Number" field. (You can check out the fields that are provided by downloading the manual from the developer website.) But the overall finish of the product was good enough that after trying it I also decided to buy the developer's DB-Text product which appears to be built on the same codebase.
It would be awesome if the developer could eventually duplicate all of the fields in the Apple Address Book app. For many applications, I'm sure database testers would also like to see Currency fields and it would be nice to be able to create fields with industrial parts or office invoice expenses besides the provided data of wines, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, etc.
I hope the developer adds a few more of those field types and continues to enhance this product; then it will absolutely be a five-star product.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Jan 13, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- ©2012-2015 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor