Blast through a stylish, neon landscape in this story-driven, racing adventure.
DATA WINGs deliver critical data throughout the computer system, following Mother's orders without question. But when the system comes under attack, and Mother becomes irrational, something must be done!
• Intuitive two-touch controls with an arcade feel
• Sleek racing with a focus on thrusting off walls
• A +2 hour story with over 40 levels
• A competitive crown system. Own courses and the leaderboards!
• An amazing soundtrack from world-class producers. Featuring: luxury elite, 18 Carat Affair, ESPRIT 空想, t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者, Eyeliner and NxxxxxS
"A ridiculously stylish 2D racer" - TouchArcade
DATA WING is the solo passion-project of Dan Vogt; a 15-year veteran of the games industry.
WOOHOO! SHINY GEMS FOR ALL!
- Finally! Added Simplified Chinese and Czech!
- Added support for shiny new iPhones
- Made corrections to Polish and Turkish
- Made some minor performance improvements
Thanks for playing, folks! :)
Ratings and Reviews
I Wish There Were More Games Like This.
This game is without a doubt my favorite mobile game, and it helps that it's fun too! The game is built around this "data wing," or triangle as you get referred to later, that has to fly around and deliver payloads for your supposed boss, appropriately named mother. Now I won't spoil the story for you, so I'll just say this: the story is absolutely grasping and it really pays off to pick up the documents in each level, for they really add to the main plot line. The story is also really open to interpretation and theories, which makes everything a whole lot more interesting.
Now onto the gameplay: the controls are just a tad touchy, but it's easy to adjust to them, and I found that the brake mechanic isn't used, but it also doesn't get in the way, so that's a plus. The steering buttons are the two halves of your screen, which makes reactions much easier when trying to perform a precise maneuver. The level design is incredible, and most importantly fun. Each level adds a little surprise and some new features to be aware of, along with constantly crashing into walls.
So overall? 5 stars. No hesitation. The story elements mix so well along with the computer-looking aesthetic of the game. At one point the story actually made my jaw drop. Immersion level was 10/10 for this. Fantastic game. I wish there were more games like this.
I was browsing the App Store in the racing section and I saw a picture that had a triangle racing other triangles. I thought, cool, non traditional but I’ll give it a try. When I opened the game, I didn’t expect to have a character later referred to as “mother” talking to you. That’s when it all started. A game that I had no idea I was getting into. A suspenseful and emotional plot about a girl, and her family, all portrayed by computer software, malware, and you, the “emotionless” data wing. I won’t ruin the plot but collecting letters in each mission truly enhances the experience. You the player are set in a computer and is sent by “mother” to deliver messages and files across the network. You fly around as a triangle completing various missions. Being a phone in game, allows you to access messages, journals and other information about “the user” and her family. The ending consists of you making a series of choices that either benefit you the player, or the user. The story also allows you to interpret things for yourself instead of being simply handed to you, making the game all the more interesting. I would highly recommend this game to anyone. It is easily a 5/5 and I haven’t played a game with such passion and effort put into it. Dan, tremendous job.
Data Wing ( Rating, Suggestions, Etc. )
Honestly, this is my #1 All-Time-Favorite game, you earned it Dan Vogt. The graphics are unbelievably amazing, I appreciate your hard work for this game. The story has suspenseful, and emotional moments. It is very easy to control, and very compatible. I cannot think of any possible way to thank you, for making this game. I do have suggestions, I will only tell a few. My first suggestion, is adding more game modes. Such as Creativity, to create your own levels and share it for people to play. You can also add, Play Online. Where you can play different levels with different players, and maybe even in the future to add custom triangle avatars? My other suggestion is adding, more to the story. The story is a little short like maybe add a few boss battles, but if you need any other ideas you can ask me. Another suggestion, is to add a daily challenge button on the menu screen. My last suggestion, is to add more objects to the game. I hope you read this Dan Vogt.
-Your #1 Fan
- Daniel Vogt
- 107.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Daniel Vogt
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.