This audio guide will introduce you to the trees most commonly seen in the Scottish landscape. It is designed to be used as you walk around the beautiful Dawyck Botanic Garden (a specialist garden of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh) but would be informative to listen to in any location.
Most of the trees are natives, but a few are introductions that have gone on to spread by themselves and make Scotland their home. Whether these eighteen trees are new to you or a meeting with old friends we hope you will come away knowing something about their lives and how humans have appreciated and used them.
The guide is very simple to use:
* Just tap an item on the species list to hear a commentary about that tree. Tap again to stop.
* You will know when to play the commentary as each tree has a themed panel next to it.
* There is a map of the locations of the trees. You can tap on the number on the map to play the commentary.
Stability and security enhancements. Minor change to audio.
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- 44.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.