From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Now available in version 3: Audio Recording, and Dark Mode!
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
CREATE HABITS: Make journaling a part of your life:
• In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
• On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
• On-the-spot memory enhancement
• Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
• Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
• Unlimited journals (Premium only)
• Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
• End-to-End Encryption
• Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
• Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
• Powerful text formatting with Markdown
• Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
• Location & historical visits
• Time and date
• Temperature and weather
• Activity—motion and step count
• Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
• Powerful search
• Multiple journals (Premium only)
• Favorite entries
• Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
• Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
• Print your journals with Day One Book
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
—The Sweet Setup
DAY ONE PREMIUM INCLUDES:
• Unlimited photos
• Unlimited journals
• Unlimited cloud storage (end-to-end encrypted)
• Sync to all Day One apps, iPad, Mac
• Audio Recording
• Dark Mode
• Additional Journal Colors
• 25% Book Printing Discount
• IFTTT integration (Automated Entries)
• Prioritized customer support
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods.
$2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly (USD)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: email@example.com
Lots of improvements all around. Editor, Audio recording, and Apple Watch App, and support for new iPad Pro devices.
• Drag and drop to arrange photos in an entry, sort, and add/remove from photo groups.
• Drag and drop text, photos, and audio files from another app into an entry on iPad and other split-views.
• Pinch to zoom into a photo in Entry and zoom out from photo viewer.
• Force-press on a photo in an entry to open in Photo Viewer
• Haptic Feedback on swipe to dismiss entry, and swipe to open/close metadata.
• Added Last Edited date to Entry Metadata.
• Transcribed Audio Recording limit increased to 5 minutes (up from 1 minute).
• Audio Recording Title - insert a description for the audio clip.
• Imported audio clips will auto-insert filename as title.
• Audio embed now includes start and stop time, recording device name, and location (5:40-6:22 PM, Sara’s AirPods, Lehi, UT).
• Share Extension supports multiple audio files and applies selected audio file creation date to the entry.
• Notification sent to phone when Watch entry is created.
• Watch Audio Recording limit increased to 1 hour per recording.
• Watch Audio Recording now functions without a connection to iPhone, and transfer audio when re-connected.
• Lists no longer enforce blank lines above and below.
• List bullet alignment improved to support proper spacing at all font sizes.
• Code Block toggle lines up perfectly now.
• Improved plain text exporting.
• Copy text will copy rich text.
• Paste into Day One entry will preserve formatting.
• Export Entry to email and other applications preserves rich text formatting and photos.
• TextExpander integration is re-enabled.
• Entries no longer visible for a split second before the lock screen pops up.
• Changing Journals resets scroll position
• Japanese predictive text no longer removes text.
• Watch App opens much faster.
• App icon badge has been cleared and removed.
• VoiceOver support for Passcode screen.
• Timeline Swipe Menu includes delete action.
• Code Block text toggled to Web-view appears in Timeline.
• Fixed crash when importing JSON file.
• Re-recording Siri Shortcut Phrase within the Settings > Siri Shortcuts.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
The Soul of My iPad Pro
I’ve been an almost daily user of Day One since it’s launch a few years ago & am now a paid Premium member - and have loved the app from the beginning - with a few bumps along the way (by hey, that’s life - if it weren’t for the bumps we wouldn’t enjoy the bump free days) - anyway, this is more of a personal “thank you” to Bloom Built Inc. - Day One is more of an app - it’s the soul of my iPad Pro, almost every day I add to my journal & read the memories that I added from past years...they bring me back to those fun, challenging, sad & happy times in my life...and the interface is beautifully simple & powerful...it’s an interface that gets out of your way and allows you the fun of writing down your memories & enjoying the ones you’ve already recorded...spending time with this app you get the impression that the team at Bloom Built not only knows how to make the complex simple, they also love the art of journaling...Day One is one of those rare apps that becomes almost an extension of your soul, I’ve been amazed at how much I enjoy the art of journaling...thank you Bloom Built Inc. for one of the AppStore’s Gold Standard Apps....can’t wait to see where Day One keeps going...
You're welcome. Thank you for your review!
- Bloom Built Inc
- 110 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $24.99
- Premium (1 Month) $3.99
- Premium $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.