Day One (Journal / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*2012 Mac App of the Year* Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.14
- Publish now available on iPad.
- Added ability to insert copied photos via "Paste from Clipboard" into photo entries.
- Added "Learn More" link in Publish action sheet.
User Tip: Fullscreen mode is still available on the iPhone when reading entries. Simply double-tap the title bar.
- Improved deletion of entries in Timeline.
- Fixed Foursquare Place being replaced with GPS location.
- Fixed error when clicking Facebook share of a published entry.
- Fixed unresponsive Wrong Password dialog.
- Fixed error when authorizing sync via Dropbox's web client.
- Fixed bugs with deleting shares for a published entry.
- Fixed Publish authorizing via Twitter web client.
- Fixed app freezes related to "on startup" preferences.
- Modified header styles.
- Fixed various UI bugs.
Publish enables you to handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world. Publish creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish. By default, you're the only one that will know the URL for each published entry. If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis. Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares. Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
App Reviews: Due to popular request, we have modified our app review prompt so that it only appears once when you first install Day One. This prompt will no longer appear with updates of the app.
Please take some time to review our app—it helps others discover Day One!
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/day-one/id422304217
iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/day-one-journal-diary/id421706526
The best journal on the store...but I would happily replace it
There is a ton of stuff to like about Day One. I have been using it for three years. I have two complaints about it, though. If someone ever produces a journaling app that fixes these two problems, I would switch in a New York minute.
Problem 1: the sync is unable to keep up with my touch typing, even when I am using the on-screen keyboard. This means that the keyboard buffer overflows, and the app either pauses its display of my typing or adds duplicate random keypresses. This is irritating, because it slows me down. I do not have this problem in any other app, so I am confident it is an issue with the way that Day One implements sync.
Problem 2: Overzealous Undo. I typed several paragraphs this morning, and then decided I didn't like the last sentence. I hit Command+Z, and it blew away the entire journal entry. Gone. If it had whacked a sentence or even a paragraph I could have understood that, but the *entire* entry??? That is just bloody unacceptable.
I am tempted to give the app less than 4 stars right now because I am so frustrated, but mostly it is really good. Just beware of Undo. You may not like the consequences. And watch your syncing, if you care about duplicate characters showing up in your typing.
Hard Working Developer!
As you can tell from all the other strong reviews, this is a killer app. Brilliantly executed with tremendous polish. More than anything I really respect and appreciate how hard the Dev's work at grinding out feature updates and how committed they seem to be to regular, transparent blog/twitter updates on their progress. Really helps keep up the faith in them and their product. The new Publish feature is masterfully implemented and a lot of fun to use. Also *major tip of the hat* for being brave and taking a more user friendly approach to the "rate me” dialogs. Thanks guys!
I love this app. I bought the Mac version as well and use Dropbox to sync. It's so easy now to just take a quick photo of my kids and write a quick snippet to remember our life. My favorite feature is that when you add a photo, it asks if you want it to automatically change the date and time of the journal entry to the date/time of the photo. I'm now going back through my Lightroom photo catalog and am exporting photos to Day One. Wish I'd have have had this app years ago. It'll be fun for my kids to read my journal years from now. I highly recommend this app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 01, 2014
- Version: 1.14
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.