Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- FIXED: Various Apple Watch bug fixes and performance improvements.
- IMPROVED: Diagnostics email includes additional information.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
A Nearly Perfect App
If you want to track your life, or remember the details of your life, or tell the story of your life, you need a great journaling app. This is the app for you.
By far, this is the best journaling app out there. Yes, there are improvements that could be made; if I could add more than one photo per day, or an additional video, Day One would be perfect. Alas, I cannot add more than one photo per day or add a video. They say that that functionality is coming. Hooray!
In the mean time, you can automatically geo-tag your entries, monitor your physical activity, and post your entry to Facebook, Twitter, or any other social networking site, plus, you can post your entry to a private website hosted by Day One. Send the link to your followers, and they can see your entry exactly as you wrote it.
Day One syncs seamlessly across all of your devices via iCloud, meaning that you can journal an entry on your iPhone, then read or edit the entry on your iPad. (As long as you have iCloud activated across your devices.)
The UI is well thought out, and pleasant to work with. The web pages generated by Day One look clean and professional, and you can render them in PDF format for emailing or posting.
This is a great app! With the changes mentioned above, it is a very robust and effective app, capable of documenting the events of your life. I recommend it!!
A Wonderful Pocket Notebook
So far this is my favorite pocket notebook I have ever owned.
I’m not 100% certain why it works for me, but I think it has something to do with the way Day One integrates photos, location, transportation, music, and social networking in a single post. It’s like a deeper layer to each entry, the prompting you to visualize where you were, what you were listening to, what you were doing, without writing that down. Those little reminders make the recollection stronger and the journal more meaningful.
I don’t use the journal to record my innermost thoughts—but I really enjoy it as a tool to collect brief impressions of things—people, places, ideas. The interface is simple, and it integrates well with the desktop app. I was very reluctant to spend the money on both apps, but so far no regrets. They’ve already been well worth the price.
It's weird to say that an apps UI makes me want to use it, but that is totally the truth with day one. I got it for free from a Starbucks app of the week deal and was very pleasantly surprised after opening it and exploring the application. I really like how it seeks to just get you to write at all! Anything! Because anything is better than nothing. You can go back and add to it or edit it, but it's really hard to go back and edit nothing.
I've started using it to keep track of stuff I do at work and I really like being able to visualize my posts on the calendar. Great focus on visualizing your journal which really encourages writing more.
Overall, this is a slick app with an almost prodigal UX experience. Whoever designed this one should be promoted.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 1.17
- Size: 37.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.