Day One Journal
By Bloom Built Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
**App of the Year 2012 and Apple Design Award 2014**
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.” —Macworld
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.” —The Sweet Setup
Easily make journaling a part of your life:
- In-app and System Notifications
Reap the rewards of your consistency:
- On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
- On-the-spot memory enhancement
- Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT
There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
- Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
- Unlimited journals (Premium only)
- Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES
Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
- End-to-End Encryption
- Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
- Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE
Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
- Powerful text formatting with Markdown
- Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL
Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
- Time and date
- Temperature and weather
- Activity—motion and step count
- Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES
Finding any memory is fast and easy:
- Powerful search
- Multiple journals (Premium only)
- Star favorite entries
- Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES
Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
- Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
- Print your journals with Day One Book
Also available from Day One:
DAY ONE PREMIUM
- Unlimited Photo Storage
- Unlimited Journals
- Cloud sync to all Day One apps
- Unlimited encrypted cloud storage
- Automated Entries (IFTT integration)
- 25% Book Printing Discount
- Prioritized customer support
- New Users: $3.99/monthly and $34.99/yearly (US Dollars)
- Existing Users: $2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly (US Dollars)
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods. Your subscription is automatically renewed if it is not canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You're not allowed to cancel a subscription after it is activated. Subscriptions are managed in iTunes Account Settings.
Premium FAQ: dayoneapp.com/premium/faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Introducing Day One Premium:
- Unlimited journals and more! See: dayoneapp.com/premium/faq
- Checklist styling changed from boxes to circles.
- Welcome screens have new images.
- Settings on iPad disappeared when rotating from portrait to landscape.
- App crashed for some users when selecting in-app camera.
- Instagram photos were cropped.
- Sync disabled when installing latest release.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Mixed feelings about paying for this
I used this app and set up multiple journals, and then suddenly because they want to charge a monthly fee I can't access all the journals save one. Not even to get the entries I've made out and into another app.. for my money this is a nice app but not robust enough to be spending another monthly sub fee on..
It needs better control over typefaces, bold etc.. what is here is limited and frankly glitchy. Now they want to hold the notebooks I set up ransom?
I'll be shopping some more before I do that, thanks. It was a nice try however.
Stay Away. Stay FAR Away
Okay, Bloom. This is it.
You did us a solid earlier in the month by releasing end-to-end encryption. I was skeptical then (given that it took well over a year of promises to get that) but you actually did it. I was happy--no, ecstatic--about the release. It basically washed away all of the bad feelings that I had about your journaling product.
Then today happened.
So, let's recap: you introduced a new "premium" service, offering unlimited journals and photos. Okay, great. Not too bad...
Then I realized that YOU TOOK AWAY sync. I mean, what? I PAID FULL PRICE for both the iOS app and Mac app when 2.0 was released. Yes, full price. I was also a customer of the previous, 1.0 edition.
Not only that, I had about six journals in total that I was keeping with Day One. Guess what? Aside from the very first journal that I made with Day One, I CAN'T ACCESS ANY OF THE OTHER FIVE JOURNALS that I have created. Really?? Really??
No more. Nope. Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me twice...
Deleting all of my apps from you. I'll eat the cost that I spent on them, but I strongly advise anyone to STAY FAR AWAY from this company.
With no many negative reviews, they decided to push out a minor update to erase the angst of their user base. This used to be one of the best journaling apps available in the App Store. After purchasing V2.0.10 in September 2016 and loving it. They updated the app and removed the ability to sync via icloud, dropbox and other 3rd parties. The also moved the user base to a subscritpion model. This forces users who log entries via both iphone and ipad into a subscription service. This is a huge breach of trust and customer service. Recommend finding another app that allows you to keep your private moments private.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 28, 2017
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 167 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bloom Built Inc
- © 2017 Bloom Built, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases