From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Now available in version 3: Audio Recording, and Dark Mode!
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
CREATE HABITS: Make journaling a part of your life:
• In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
• On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
• On-the-spot memory enhancement
• Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
• Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
• Unlimited journals (Premium only)
• Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
• End-to-End Encryption
• Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
• Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
• Powerful text formatting with Markdown
• Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
• Location & historical visits
• Time and date
• Temperature and weather
• Activity—motion and step count
• Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
• Powerful search
• Multiple journals (Premium only)
• Favorite entries
• Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
• Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
• Print your journals with Day One Book
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
—The Sweet Setup
DAY ONE PREMIUM:
• Unlimited Photo Storage
• Unlimited Journals
• Cloud sync to all Day One apps
• Unlimited encrypted cloud storage
• Automated Entries (IFTT integration)
• 25% Book Printing Discount
• Prioritized customer support
• Additional Journal Colors
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods.
$2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly (USD)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Siri Shortcuts! For new entry, camera, and audio recording, each specific to an individual journal. See Settings > Siri Shortcuts
• New Filter for Checklist Entries
• Added support for typing Markdown links
• Markdown syntax will now auto-complete when followed by a period (in addition to space)
• Markdown bold and italics now work with underscore _
• Performance Improvements with a reduction memory consumption, CPU usage, app size, and more
• Re-enabled Handoff/Continuity
• Fixed: Back-ticks now properly retained when within a Markdown Table
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
Great app, latest update caused a problem.
*****help! Still love this app, but the search function seems to have been disabled with the May 1, 2018 update. I’ve been using it for five years and the search function is a essential…This is an app I use and enjoy every single day. Now that I've been using it for five years, I get to look at where I've been each year this past day. They keep finding ways to make it better and better, I missed entering photographs for a couple of days a month or so ago, and now, when you go to put the photos in it shows you the photographs you took that day first with the option of showing all photographs. What a great little tweak it saves a lot of time! I live a pretty interesting life, with travel to a lot of interesting places. This is a journaling program that does about everything you could ask of it. The new version has incorporated a wonderful feature showing where are you were on a map, and what you were doing this day for as far back at your journal goes. I have some photo entries of events for my grandparents, going back to the 30s!
Please contact our support team and we will work with you on this issue. Thanks. http://dayoneapp.com/contact/
- Bloom Built Inc
- 132.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $24.99
- Premium (1 Month) $3.99
- Premium $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.