Day One Journal
By Bloom Built Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App Store Best of 2016 *50% off for a Limited Time!*
Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
With Day One 2.0, we're proud to provide Day One Sync — a fast, free, and secure service for syncing your data between all your devices. Day One Sync lays the foundation for many new features: a web app, an IFTTT channel, private-key encryption, and more. In tandem with Day One Sync, you can also use iCloud for backups.
PLEASE NOTE: iCloud and Dropbox syncing *are not* supported in Day One 2.0. If using iCloud or Dropbox syncing is essential to you, use Day One Classic.
For more information, see: dayoneapp.com/faq2
“Day One, our favorite way to journal with your Apple devices, just got a huge update. Rebuilt from the ground up, the plethora of features that made Day One so great are still present.” — The Sweet Setup
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- Day One Sync 2.0 (See dayoneapp.com/sync-faq for more details.)
- Map View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- 3D Touch
- Local, Exportable Backups
“It's hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some.” — App Store Editor's Choice
- Passcode Lock with Touch ID
- Automatic metadata (location, weather, motion activity, step count, and music)
- Apple Watch App
- Tags and Stars
- Export to PDF with smart filters
- Today Extension
- Share Extension
- Export to PDF and plain text
- Elegant Markdown Editor
“The new Day One has a slicker design, a much bigger emphasis on photos, and a handful of new ways to filter your journal to see entries from a certain place or time or from a specific topic.” — Wired Magazine
Day One 2.0: dayoneapp.com/faq2
Day One Sync: dayoneapp.com/sync-faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.1.10
- Redesigned Metadata View: Simple, quick, and more readable access to your entry metadata.
- Instagram Books: Easily import and print your Instagram photos.
- Better error handling for books that have missing or low-res photos.
- Star icon appears next to date header in Read mode.
- Extraneous temp space is used on devices.
- View Plain Text (option under the Share menu) is not scrollable.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
no Dropbox or iCloud support
Why so stuborn to not want to support the reliable sync services, but only your own sync service? Or do you promise to never start charging for that service?
Terrific functionality, really like ability to add pictures. This is one of the best apps I've ever used. If you like the concept of something like Facebook as a record of your moments in life but prefer to not to share with the world this app is your answer! See all the great and challenging moments while keeping your privacy. Seriously one of the top 5 apps I've ever used. Great job developers.
Getting better all the time
I've been using Day One since 2014, and it is constantly improving for the better.
The Customer Support responds in a timely manner, and are quite helpful.
The interface is nicely done, and the capabilities for journaling are pretty extensive.
There are some features that would be nice to have, like being able to import more file types, integration with more social media platforms, and such, but those features I think will come in time.
Overall, this is the best way to keep a journal that I've used, and I've been journaling since 1998.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 26, 2017
- Version: 2.1.10
- Size: 183 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bloom Built Inc
- © 2016 Bloom Built, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.