Day One Journal
By Bloom Built Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App Store Best of 2016 *50% off for a Limited Time!*
Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
For more information, see: dayoneapp.com/faq2
“Day One, our favorite way to journal with your Apple devices, just got a huge update. Rebuilt from the ground up, the plethora of features that made Day One so great are still present.” — The Sweet Setup
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- End-to-End Encryption (See dayoneapp.com/encryption to learn more.)
- Day One Sync 2.0 (See dayoneapp.com/sync-faq for more details.)
- Map View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- 3D Touch
- Local, Exportable Backups
“It's hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some.” — App Store Editor's Choice
- Passcode Lock with Touch ID
- Automatic metadata (location, weather, motion activity, step count, and music)
- Apple Watch App
- Tags and Stars
- Export to PDF with smart filters
- Today Extension
- Share Extension
- Export to PDF and plain text
- Elegant Markdown Editor
“The new Day One has a slicker design, a much bigger emphasis on photos, and a handful of new ways to filter your journal to see entries from a certain place or time or from a specific topic.” — Wired Magazine
Day One 2.0: dayoneapp.com/faq2
Day One Sync: dayoneapp.com/sync-faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.2.2
- Updated launch screen
- Photo metadata not included when using Camera within Day One
- Prompted to sign in to sync when sync is already enabled
- Crash when using sync in some cases
No iCloud, NO thanks
I will not use this app because I don't believe it's safe to have such personal data on the servers of the app developers. If they bring back iCloud I will use this app again. They say the data can be better encrypted on their servers but if you google "iCloud encryption" it clearly states that the data is encrypted in transit and on the server. So, why not give us the option to use iCloud? I used iCloud sync on the previous version with no issues at all. In fact I was better able to secure my private data as it was automatically copied to my Mac and backed up with Time Machine. I couldn’t have asked for a more secure, fault tolerant way to store my private data. I suspect they are not allowing iCloud so that once our journals are big and fat they will start charging for server space. Again, no thanks. I don't want to pay any more small monthly fees.
I love this app! Best journal app I've used yet, this updated version is awesome! Makes it super fun & easy to keep a journal and I just can't wait to get it printed into actual book format. I was such a struggling journalizer before, trying to hand write—hesitant to go digital—but this app makes is SO possible and adds some unparalleled features. Such as location, weather and especially [multiple] pictures! This app makes keeping a journal a fun, constant, adventure!
Just what I was looking for. A simple daily diary that I could add pics if I wanted to. But took the place of my paper version. That way I could search for specific entires. It was crashing and not working all of the time. But several updates ago that went away. It's simple and very straightforward plus it has a desktop version as well. Not sure I would find a better solution for me.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 165 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bloom Built Inc
- © 2016 Bloom Built, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.