From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Now available in version 3: Audio Recording, and Dark Mode!
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
CREATE HABITS: Make journaling a part of your life:
• In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
• On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
• On-the-spot memory enhancement
• Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
• Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
• Unlimited journals (Premium only)
• Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
• End-to-End Encryption
• Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
• Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
• Powerful text formatting with Markdown
• Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
• Location & historical visits
• Time and date
• Temperature and weather
• Activity—motion and step count
• Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
• Powerful search
• Multiple journals (Premium only)
• Favorite entries
• Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
• Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
• Print your journals with Day One Book
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
—The Sweet Setup
DAY ONE PREMIUM INCLUDES:
• Unlimited photos
• Unlimited journals
• Unlimited cloud storage (end-to-end encrypted)
• Sync to all Day One apps, iPad, Mac
• Audio Recording
• Dark Mode
• Additional Journal Colors
• 25% Book Printing Discount
• IFTTT integration (Automated Entries)
• Prioritized customer support
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods.
$2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly (USD)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: email@example.com
Day One iOS 3.2 Release Notes
• iPad full-screen toggle
• Apple Watch Audio Recording (up to 90 minutes per recording)
• Apple Watch Complications for Infograph face
• Moon Phase captured in entry metadata (Premium Only)
• Browse to insert an audio clip (long-press on audio icon for “Add File...”)
• Share Extension confirmation includes link to open entry in the app
• Apple Watch App Design
• Share Extension now uses rich editor
• Audio Recording length increased from 30 to 90 minutes (for non-transcribed recording)
• Photos are now stored in full resolution (no longer scaled down to 3020px)
• Tab Bar Plus button immediately shows Action Sheet (as it was prior to v3)
• Prompts for location and notification permissions now start with an in-app Timeline notification
• Edit Bar in Split View/iPad span only Entry width (no longer overlapping the Timeline)
• Missing Photos now show a Link to "Related Photos" to easily replace
• iPhone Xs Max to Use Split View Controller when in Landscape
• Creation Device Metadata now applies to entries created on Apple Watch
• Removed Welcome Screens (for new install)
• Removed Hoefler Font (too non-standard)
• Removed unused image assets (Smaller app binary)
• Removed Text Expander integration (Method no longer supported in iOS 12, now rely on the Text Expander Keyboard)
• Timeline scrolling is buttery smooth
• Paste YouTube, Spotify, Vimeo URL immediately auto-embeds (no longer requires a space)
• Edit Mode / Keyboard remains when switching between apps
• Markdown in Reminder templates now converts to rich text
• Fixed Search field constantly dismissing keyboard
• New entry no longer includes 2 new lines
• Activity Feed Entry now applys Auto Title
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
The Soul of My iPad Pro
I’ve been an almost daily user of Day One since it’s launch a few years ago & am now a paid Premium member - and have loved the app from the beginning - with a few bumps along the way (by hey, that’s life - if it weren’t for the bumps we wouldn’t enjoy the bump free days) - anyway, this is more of a personal “thank you” to Bloom Built Inc. - Day One is more of an app - it’s the soul of my iPad Pro, almost every day I add to my journal & read the memories that I added from past years...they bring me back to those fun, challenging, sad & happy times in my life...and the interface is beautifully simple & powerful...it’s an interface that gets out of your way and allows you the fun of writing down your memories & enjoying the ones you’ve already recorded...spending time with this app you get the impression that the team at Bloom Built not only knows how to make the complex simple, they also love the art of journaling...Day One is one of those rare apps that becomes almost an extension of your soul, I’ve been amazed at how much I enjoy the art of journaling...thank you Bloom Built Inc. for one of the AppStore’s Gold Standard Apps....can’t wait to see where Day One keeps going...
You're welcome. Thank you for your review!
- Bloom Built Inc
- 108.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $24.99
- Premium (1 Month) $3.99
- Premium $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.