Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.16.3
Apple Watch Improvements
A Pleasure To Use! (Again)
This is a request after having reviewed this great app twice: Please incorporate an UNDO button. I make mistakes. Thanks and have a great day.
This is my second review since the app is asking for it. This seems to be a problem with most apps these days. Must be a programming glitch, right? Either that, or they like me.
So, here is my original review: (again).
I enjoy using this app and I use it every day. Good syncing capabilities. Get your notes on all your devices once you are connected to the cloud. Nice features. I like the sound effects in the background too! So far, I have not had any problems. Thanks. (Again).
Day one doesn't deserve less than 4 stars!
I never write reviews for apps, but I had to write one for Day One. This is my favorite app, because it finally made me want to write a journal. I always thought it would be a good idea, but couldn't find the motivation to start. This helped my keep writing, and now, I always end my day by writing an entry.
This app is great, but keep on adding more features like notifications for a 'this day in history feature.' That would be great!
Your scrapbook/journal solution
I love this app. I've now been using it for a little over 2 (3?) years. It's quick, easy, allows you to capture a photo along with your journal entry. I wrote entries maybe a couple times a week, and now I have an amazing couple years of memories of life, in particular, important to capture now that I have a toddler with funny moments and sayings I want to remember. No longer do I need to lug around journals that then I can't even read. Give it a try!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.16.3
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.