Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone and Apple Watch only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17.4
- Updated Apple Watch App for watchOS 2 with simpler design, faster performance, and better dictating experience.
- 3D Touch Menu with New Entry, New Photo Entry, and Last Photo Taken (iPhone 6s/6s Plus only).
- Published entries now use standard iOS share sheet for Facebook and Twitter.
- Various iOS 9 compatibility improvements.
Can only do one journal
This is app is beautfiul. Only problem is that you can only do one journal. I downloaded this app because I wanted to 1)create a photojournal chronicling my two year’s old life that I could show off to family and friends and 2) in a separate journal, have private journal entrys. I purchased all available clients for this app before realizing that this isn’t possible since you can only have ONE journal. I can’t do private personal journal entries because then anyone that I hand my iPad to see the photo journal of my daughter would also have access to all my private entries.
I just can’t recommend spending this amount money on the Day One suite of apps since they only allow one journal. I could see spending .99 for the iOS and 1.99 for the desktop but certainly not what they are asking for only one journal. Therefore, it’s a 2 star “okay” rating for me.
I can’t tell you how much I love this app. I use it several time a day to record important events in the lives of my family and I. So when I woke up this morning to discover an update was waiting, I downloaded it immediately. Then the disappointment started. iOS 9 has been out for how long now? It was in the hands of developers for how long now? The update description mentioned iOS 9. But where are the great new features? Slide over? Split view? None of these things are even mentioned on their blog.
The future is now, can you please update this app to join us here?
I have a couple of suggestions for the 3D Touch menu on the home screen.
1. One Year Ago- show an entry from a year ago. It's fun to look back, and this would make it quick.
2. Last Entry- Opens the latest entry that someone may still be working on.
I appreciate the current ones, but as it is I probably won't get much use out of them.
Thanks for reading and for the awesome app. I use it every single day on iPhone and Mac.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 1.17.4
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.