By Bloom Built Inc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure. Capture life as you live it.
**App of the Year 2012 and Apple Design Award 2014**
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.” —Macworld
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.” —The Sweet Setup
CREATE HABITS: Easily make journaling a part of your life:
- In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
- On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
- On-the-spot memory enhancement
- Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
- Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
- Unlimited journals (Premium only)
- Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
- End-to-End Encryption
- Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
- Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
- Powerful text formatting with Markdown
- Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
- Time and date
- Temperature and weather
- Activity—motion and step count
- Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
- Powerful search
- Multiple journals (Premium only)
- Star favorite entries
- Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
- Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
- Print your journals with Day One Book
DAY ONE PREMIUM:
- Unlimited Photo Storage
- Unlimited Journals
- Cloud sync to all Day One apps
- Unlimited encrypted cloud storage
- Automated Entries (IFTT integration)
- 25% Book Printing Discount
- Prioritized customer support
- New Users: $3.99/monthly and $34.99/yearly
- Existing Users: $2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods. Your subscription is automatically renewed if it is not canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You're not allowed to cancel a subscription after it is activated. Subscriptions are managed in iTunes Account Settings.
Premium FAQ: dayoneapp.com/premium/faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.5.7
- Fixed problems opening Day One on macOS 10.11
- Improved performance while syncing
My Journal for years now
I’ve been using Day One for many years, and it’s become indespensible. The app keeps getting better, both on the desktop and iOS. It’s good to know that I always have my journal close to hand, and now my journals, plural, after they added multiple journals a few years ago. My Day One Journals have outlived several Macs, but they’re always where I want them when I move to a new comptuer. The interface is simple, using pure Markdown. I get in, I start writing, and little by little my life gets recorded. I love this app.
I’m also loving the printed journals you can order. I printed the first few years of my journal and it’s nice to be able to flip back through them in book form, without having to look at my terrible handwriting. 😁
UPDATE: Cloud Syncing has much improved. 4 stars.
UPDATE: D1’s “roll their own” cloud syncing has much improved in the last year or so. As a “Plus” user it’s (almost) back to the old DayOne experience. 10 Journals is (should) be enough for an average / casua user. As an example, I have Personal, Clippings (from the ‘net) and three Language Study journals, 1 each for German, Chinese, Japanese.
There’s still a bit of friction around automation and the editor. All I wanted was just plain vanilla markdown. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 year ago I would have recommended DayOne as a great journal with room for improvement. DayOne had EXCELLENT integration & alternatives with its iOS App, and an OK editor.
With version 2 not only did they NOT improve the editor, they decided to do cloud sync themselves. At this point a better name for the App is probably “Day Outage”.
If there were no problems with their “roll your own” cloud service this’d be a 3 star App. Two stars for the constant outages is charitable. Avoid.
Excellent app in all it does
Hats off to Day One … I had been using Evernote for years to create daily journal notes, and found myself crafting macros and scripts to populate my entries with weather and other ancillary information. Then I read about Day One and gave it a try. It’s excellent for tracking daily thoughts, ideas, reading; and its integration with other apps means that I’m journaling and writing constantly throughout my day. Keep up the great work!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 09, 2018
- Version: 2.5.7
- Size: 35.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: Bloom Built Inc
- © 2017 Bloom Built, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Day One Plus$49.99