From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure. Capture life as you live it.
**App of the Year and Apple Design Award winner**
“This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
“If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
—The Sweet Setup
CREATE HABITS: Easily make journaling a part of your life:
- In-app and System Notifications
LIFE-ENRICHING BENEFITS: Reap the rewards of your consistency:
- On This Day flashbacks and Nearby entries
- On-the-spot memory enhancement
- Book printing
PRESERVE EVERY MOMENT: There’s no limit to the memories you can save in Day One:
- Unlimited photo storage (Premium only)
- Unlimited journals (Premium only)
- Social media with Day One's Activity Feed and IFTTT integration
SECURE YOUR MEMORIES: Day One Sync provides peace of mind:
- End-to-End Encryption
- Sync across all your devices (Premium only)
- Passcode and Touch ID lock
FOCUSED WRITING EXPERIENCE: Day One’s clean, distraction-free interface makes it easy to write down what’s important:
- Powerful text formatting with Markdown
- Cross-platform support (mobile, desktop, and watch)
RECALL EVERY DETAIL: Metadata automatically records the finer points of life:
- Time and date
- Temperature and weather
- Activity—motion and step count
- Music playing
ORGANIZE YOUR ENTRIES: Finding any memory is fast and easy:
- Powerful search
- Multiple journals (Premium only)
- Star favorite entries
- Browse by calendar, timeline, maps, or photos
SHARE YOUR MEMORIES: Our export options make it easy for you share your journals:
- Export to PDF, HTML, JSON
- Print your journals with Day One Book
DAY ONE PREMIUM:
- Unlimited Photo Storage
- Unlimited Journals
- Cloud sync to all Day One apps
- Unlimited encrypted cloud storage
- Automated Entries (IFTT integration)
- 25% Book Printing Discount
- Prioritized customer support
Day One Premium is an auto-renewing subscription. It is available for monthly or yearly periods. Your subscription is automatically renewed if it is not canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You're not allowed to cancel a subscription after it is activated. Subscriptions are managed in iTunes Account Settings.
$2.99/monthly and $24.99/yearly
Premium FAQ: dayoneapp.com/premium/faq
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Change font size with CMD+/CMD-.
• Rich formatting is used when copying text from Day One.
• Lists no longer enforce blank lines above and below.
• List bullet alignment improved to support proper spacing at all font sizes.
• Improved plain text exporting.
• Paste into Day One entry will preserve formatting.
• Export Entry to email and other applications preserves rich text formatting and photos.
• Incorrect character and word counts when formatting is applied.
• Jumping text when typing below a code block.
• Incorrect bullet spacing depending on the font size.
• Scroll bar colors in Dark Mode.
• Word Count accuracy.
• Entry URL links weren't updating after moving entries between journals.
• Opening a locked journal from Menu Bar will properly focus window.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says on the tin!
As someone a little too focused on productivity and self-realization tools, I’ve tried a lot of ways of journaling, blogging, publishing, and keeping it to myself. Day One is nice and clean - it’s pretty full-featured, but also lets you turn off, or even better, ignore, features that you don’t want. I’m appreciating being able to write in Markdown, but not having to, as that’s my mode in several wikis that I use for work.
Several years and several versions in, I’m really appreciating the line that Day One walks. It has a lot of features, but they don’t get in the way of my fairly simple use. And yet, every few months, I find some feature that helps me write more consistently, more quickly, or expand what I’m writing. The latest discovery was coming to understand the different views, and how satisfying it is to see a long streak in the calendar view. I’d only used timeline view before, but when I looked at the calendar - boom! Easy to use and it helps me write more.
I bought Day One (Classic) and wasn’t sure about the upgrade for a while. The new interface is a little more intuitive, and some of the new features are nice. I like multiple images, and I like having the “a year ago” feature without the data being in someone else’s—FB’s—control. I’m not keen on the switch to subscription, but as a developer I understand the tension between ongoing improvements and one-time purchases. The overall cost is still impressively low!
Five Years Deep, Still Five Stars
I instantly thought it was the best when the app was first released some five years ago. Five years later, it is still the reigning champ in the world of journaling. Flexible, powerful, uncluttered user experience, great customer service, reliable and constantly tweeked and improved to make it better- these are all the reasons this is worth your money. I definitely don’t prefer the subscription model that is emerging as the app industry-standard, but that’s not necessarily Day One’s problem. I get it- you’ve got to figure out a way to keep the lights on in a fiercly competitive industry, but still, I clearly realize that this is a way to make more money off of me for a longer amount of time. As a consumer I would much rather pay a one time fee and own the app and it’s features out-right without having to use a slice of my monthly disposable income on an ongoing subscription. But alas it appears that this is where the industry is headed and nobody really cares what a Joe Shmoe like me thinks. But I seriously love Day One- get it now! And if it doesn’t have a feature to address your super obscure need that literally no one else needs or wants, please don’t get all bent out of shape and leave them a one star review. Also, if you’re going to leave them a one star review at least have the class to punctuate your tasteless review. Nothing says intelligence like a paragraph without periods.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback!
For a person who doesn’t journal I blame this app for changing me.
I’m always told to write it down it will help in coping with issues of life or when you keep forgetting things. I had tried to work with those old composition books as they have been easy and cheap. I spent times writing and times not writing. I find that working with this older method works for some people but its doesn’t 100% work for me. I came across Day One by accident as I was looking for a good txt editor for my old Macbook pro. When I did my search I found a lot but noting that interest me. It wasn’t until I came across the Day One app and started to read over what it was. It was completly diffrent then what I was looking for but it was something that was diffrent then those old composition books a friend suggested I work with. On the technology spectrum I fall in a very rare group as I’m older then most when it comes to being tech savy but when I started using Day One I was kinda of blown away at how easy it was just to have items flow from my head onto the app. It wasn’t about writing with a keyboard over a pencil. It was just easy to get the thoughts from my head onto something I can save, review, and if something should happen a closing txt of what’s been on my mind for a while. I would highly recommend this app as my title points out I’m a person who doesn’t Journal until now.
- Bloom Built Inc
- 32.1 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bloom Built, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.