By Bloom Built, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
2014 Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Five mice. A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal." —Macworld
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Quick entry window in menu bar (Mac version)
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
• Command-line interface for power users
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing (Displays music tracked in iOS app)
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your Mac devices with Dropbox or iCloud (iOS sync with purchase of iOS app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Automated local backups
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare (iOS version)
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
Promotional image backgrounds courtesy of John Carey / fiftyfootshadows.net
What's New in Version 1.10
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- NEW: OS X Photos app support.
- NEW: Mac OS X Share Extensions—Create entries using the OS X system share menu.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/blog)
- NEW: Added white menu bar icon to support dark menu mode.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
- NEW: Added Diagnostics tab to Preferences for troubleshooting issues.
- FIXED: Improved import functionality.
love this app
UPDATE: Love the new sync option. Had troubles getting it to work at first but followed clear instructions online to restore my journal from a back up and all was well.
Love the updates for this app and can’t wait to see more.
My only problem with this app is that I can’t get myself to use it enough. Sometimes it’s hard to get motivated to write, but boy do I love this app. I managed to catch the iOS version when it was free as some part of special, then I broke down and purchased the OSX version. I love being able to write journal entries on either my computer, my phone, or my iPad. I was once one of those people who always carried around a paper journal. With my horrible handwriting, it makes it such a pain to look through those old entries. With the entries being on the computer, I am set. It is so easy and the app is beautifully designed. This is one of those apps that I am constantly recommending to my friends because it the best app out there for journaling that I have found.
Great reason to keep a diary, but...
I just got this awesome app, and I was/am so excited to start and keep a journal, with this app being the catalyst to begin. I find the simplicity, the privacy, and the calming layout all to be awesome benefits of choosing this app to be your diary or journal, but Ive noticed two problems with it, one of them being a bug. Its not a major bug, but certainly one that is troublesome. I found that after opening and closing the inspirational message box a few times, it all together disappeared! This is quite a shame being that I quite liked those. The other flaw that i saw in this app, is that it is in no ways customizable, except in font. I mean, if youre gonna buy a journal in real life, youd buy one that is aesthetically pleasing, and while the default layout is, options would be nice to have. Overall, though, great app to start a journal, i recommend.
DEVELOPERS: PLEASE READ THIS
I hated journaling UNTIL NOW. Journaling was always like those people on social media who tell you every time they do anything i.e. I’m taking a nap, I went to the store, I’m watching a movie. WHO CARES!
But, this app gives you ideas to write about. It gets the creatie juices flowing and I plan on spending the rest of my life (and I’ve got a lot left) writing things down for my kids to enjoy when I’m gone. I LOVE THIS APP.
My only suggestion: Gear some of the entry suggestions toward specific groups. I’d love to be see the developers put out “packages” of different types of entry suggestions like, for moms, for dads, for singles, for grandparents, for nannies, for dog lovers, for nature lovers, for thrill seekers. The ideas are endless. Of course, my personal favorite would be “for moms”.