Day Planner helps you plan how to use a block of time, figure out what you have time for, and keep yourself on track with the plan.
It's perfect for
- travel itineraries
- study plans
- business presentations/meeting planning
- complex meal cooking plans
- interval or circuit training workouts
- set lists for musicians
You make a plan by setting the start time or the end time, and then add your tasks and the app calculates the start time for each task. If you set a fixed end time then the app calculates working backwards so you know what time you need to get started.
When you reach the plan's scheduled start time Day Planner shows which task is the current one with a countdown timer. You can optionally turn on notifications for the beginning of each task so that you don't need to have the app running to keep on track.
Once you've made a plan you can re-use it again and again and copy it to make variations. Editing your plan is super-quick with custom autocompletion to help you add tasks you've used in other plans by typing just a few characters.
Your data is automatically and instantly synced via iCloud so you can switch between your iPhone and your iPad and your plans will always be in sync.
You can have up to two plans for free, and when you want more you can unlock that limit with an in-app upgrade with pay-what-you-want pricing.
- You can now show a plan directly using Siri. Long-press on the plan in the plan list and choose the new "Add to Siri" option to set a phrase to show the plan.
- There's a new "Start This Task Now" option available by long-pressing on a task. It's very useful for getting back on track when reality isn't quite matching the plan and you need to figure out what you still have time for. Try it out for an explanation of precisely what happens.
- Your plans will now show up when you search your device, and in Siri Suggestions when Siri thinks they'll be useful to you.
- The app now has its own distinct notification sound so you can tell your Day Planner notifications apart from other apps without having to look (thank you Mari for suggesting this!)
- Removed the confirmation step for deleting a task when editing a plan. That gets rid of the ugliness when the task would slide to the left but the buttons for adding new tasks wouldn't slide with it.
- Stopped the app capitalizing the First Character Of Every Word when edit plan names.
- Fixed the task list not going to the edge of the screen on iPhone X and XS in landscape mode.
- Made the times in the task list use fixed-width digits so that they line up nicely.
- Made the suggestion bar when entering tasks match how the standard iOS 12 suggestion bar looks.
- Fixed some other layout bugs (things not being exactly where they should be) on various devices.
Ratings and Reviews
can’t use without iCloud
I couldn’t even get past the warning to turn on iCloud to actually see how the app looked like. I don’t use iCloud because it wants me to upgrade to be able to accommodate all my files and I don’t really access my phone files in any other device so it’s useless to upgrade just to be able to use this app.
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. You wouldn't need to pay for an iCloud storage upgrade just to use this app. When you turn on iCloud you can pick and choose what things will be stored there, so you can tell it not to store your photos and backups, and just use the free storage for apps like this one that require iCloud.
super efficient, easy to use, and keeps me on task!
- Jon Colverson
- 11.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Jon Colverson
- In-App Purchases
- Allow Unlimited Plans (Pay-What-You-Want) $0.99
- Allow Unlimited Plans (Pay-What-You-Want) $4.99
- Allow Unlimited Plans (Pay-What-You-Want) $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.