Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Daylight shows a big, bright, and beautiful map of the illuminated Earth, and the sunlight terminator.
☀ Show where sunlight falls at any time, any place on Earth.
☀ Get sunrise, sunset and twilight times for any time any place on Earth.
☀ Drag the terminator shadow across the Earth.
☀ See daylight move across the surface of the Earth in real time.
☀ See information about any place on the map that you tap
☀ Look up cities across the world, along with the local time, and times of dawn, dusk and twilight.
☀ See twilight drawn on the map
☀ Fullscreen Mode
☀ Render a constantly updated map of the world, along with day, night and clouds, to your desktop
☀ Centre the map at any longitude
"The Screen is breathtakingly Beautiful in full screen mode. It looks like a beautiful Painting" - Bill Holz on the US AppStore.
"This software does exactly what it says: sunrise and sunset, times of civil twilight, nautical and astronomical, with a classic graphic representation! What more could you want?" - Review by Marc Revol on the French AppStore.
"This thing looks really nice. In addition I can attest that it's very accurate..." - Review by Will on the UK AppStore.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Fixed: Clicking on the map while not centred gives information on the wrong location.
Fixed: Problem where map did not display on the desktop for a small number of users.
New in 1.9:
Centre the map at any longitude.
I love it!
I am sick of world time clocks on the bottom of my ipad. This one you can go straight to the city and see the time from their. That makes me smile :) Awesome app even you want to see the times in different places even around the world. It is worth even to put on your desktop another smile :) Thanks for putting this app up for your mac. It makes a different and it is great. Please get it.
Very Handy, Very Lovely, Tiny Missing Bits
I have teams in five very disparate places; I love glancing at Daylight to quickly get where they are in their day. Best offering available for a clock that indicates daylight terminus.
The one bit I wish it had: I’d love to drop little red map pins in my favorite locations so I could easily click them to get the pop-up rather than having to search each time.
love it so much. it’s not perfect, but it is 5 stars.
it’s 5 stars because it’s absolutely beautiful, and I always keep it set as my desktop wallpaper.
That being said, here are some improvements I’d love to see: (they’re out of order because newest after the original post are written on the top)
8) need the abilitiy to define how often the wallpaper refreshes, I notice that sometimes the sunlight terminator lags behind by a few hours.
1) in order to change the map style, you have to go into preferences. This could be a button instead - it just took me a while to find out how to do it.
2) not sure how recent or accurate the weather is, but it does appear to be very different from web sites such as accuweather.com
3) it’d be super cool to have different overlays such as temperture or wind speed instead of just cloud coverage.
4) when set to maximum, the “cloud density” burns out regions under heavy cloud cover.
5) the “blue marble” mode - which is the most photorealistic map, ought to show the lights of cities at night (as seen from space)
6) it would be SUPER COOL to have a live tracking dot for certain orbiting satellites, especially the ISS.
7) ability to “save” locations, instead of searching through the multi-column list of locations every tim
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 17, 2012
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 99.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Cook
- © Andrew Cook
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor