Introducing Daytripper Detroit - an atypical travel guide for an atypical American city. Our curated & tightly edited listings highlight the hippest farm-to-table restaurants to quintessential Detroit experiences previously only known to locals.
"A cool and hip snapshot of Detroit" - WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit
"A slick and savvy app designed to help Detroiters new and old explore the city." - Daily Detroit
America's greatest comeback story is happening right now in the proud city of Detroit. Moving beyond bankruptcy and blight, the people of Detroit are working hand-in-hand to revitalize their city. In the "My Detroit" section of the app, you'll hear from 10 Detroiters making a difference right now in Detroit. They'll share their favorite haunts and tell you why Detroit is a remarkable place.
Daytripper Detroit was created to help you, your friends and family discover or re-discover this great city. We think you're going to love it!
Note: Some categories and associated content are locked or limited. Use the single in-app purchase to gain instant access to everything.
- My Detroit: Interviews with 10 Detroiters making a difference (Free)
- Iconic Tour: Uniquely Detroit historical & cultural highlights (Free)
- Eat & Drink: Discover 75 restaurants, indie coffee houses and cocktail bars
- Delightful Diversions: Relax, Learn & Enjoy: 35 "only in Detroit" experiences & places
- Fringe Benefits: Essential near-Detroit hotspots and attractions
- Hitsville USA: Tour Detroit's rich music heritage: 25 essential locations
- Shops: Over 25 inspired retail and artisanal makers
- Neighborhoods, Buildings & Architecture: Explore Detroit's nationally recognized historic districts, iconic buildings and hip neighborhoods (Free)
- Beautiful, photography
- Exclusive, commissioned pen & ink illustrations from native Detroiter Meredith Miotke
- Personal curation & editorial - no APIs or bogus catch-all feeds
- Virtual & frequent updates: Our background magic ensures you'll receive seamless updates
- Useful intel: Integrated Yelp reviews, business contact info and more
- Get involved: Submit your own favorites for editorial review and possible future inclusion
Thanks for making us the Number 1 Detroit Travel app! Your ratings and reviews are greatly appreciated!
Ratings and Reviews
Not enough info without in-app purchase
Don't even get a chance to review without in app purchase.
Touts giving you 75 locations. Does not even tell you if it's Detroit city proper, Wayne county or the entire Metro Detroit area.
The free portion guides you to abandoned buildings and other seedy areas in the city. Old railroad terminal has been abandoned for 20 plus years, fenced off and no windows... Corktown was cool in the days of the old tiger stadium. Now has Slow's BBQ and a couple dive bars.
At least the show American and Lafayette coney islands, which are worth visiting at least once.
Having lived in the Detroit metro area for 20 years. There are more than 500+ locations in the metro area to go depending on your preference.
Gets 1 star, because I can't evaluate it without in-app purchase.
Other 5 star reviews must be developers friends.
Practical, current & easy to use
DT Detroit has a simple, stylish layout & is well-organized. Most important, it's current & practical. Helpful, relevant descriptions. Worth buying. Look forward to more cities.
Easy to use with lots of information including restaurants and local attractions. Looking forward to using it when we visit Detroit next weekend.
- Timothy Tolbert
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Timothy Tolbert
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock_Detroit $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.