By Steve Saemmang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DB Designer for iPad is a visual editor for creating databases for MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite. By offering a simply handling it makes it possible to create data structures fast and efficient. In addition to maintaining multiple projects it's also possible to export data models to work with them in other tools.
The key features are:
- Managing multiple projects
- Support for MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite syntax
- Autocomplete data types
- Create, edit, and remove tables and fields
- Support fot optional schemas
- Color codes for your tables
- Support for primary, foreign and unique keys
- Support for indexes (MS SQL: non-clustered and clustered)
- Easily create relations between tables
- Creating mandatory or default fields
- Export as SQL script or PDF
- Export by email or open with other apps (i.e. DropBox)
With this tool you create easy an fast small and also complex data models and save yourself a lot of time.
DB Designer for iPad has been used worldwide by many developers. Some user voices:
"The only app of its kind in the app store." - Canada
"I've been waiting for something like this to come to the iPad." - Canada
"This app has a very fast to learn interface that allows rapid development" - U.S.
"Really Amazing. I am really impressed." - U. S.
"I like you effort in making this great tool." - United Kingdom
What's New in Version 1.3
- finally ready for ios 7
I was very skeptical at first about this program but after I fiddled around with it, I really like it. This program allows me to travel with my iPad and still be productive. There are a few quirks with the program but overall it's great. I exported the tables to a script and it ran perfectly.
Best and only
Steve has done a wonderful job with this app. Simple enough to be usable by even novices but feature rich enough to make it a contender against desktop design software. Strong props.
Critical components missing ( cardinality, notes )
The absence of cardinality is a huge no no for entity relationship diagrams. Also we can't put notes at the table level, and the ER table level. If these two issues are resolved this app is a 4/5 app, no questions asked. As DB designers we need these key tools. Without them this tool is practically useless.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 01, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Steve Saemmang
- © simplic | software engineering
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.