By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DB-Text is a general use tool to open and edit data in text format.
DB-Text is able to open import, edit and manage text data organized by rows and columns in a more practical and effective way then text editors.
To start to add records is enough a drag and drop or selection via a standard open dialog of the file to import
DB-Text can import data both in CSV (comma separated value) text format or in TSV (tab separated value) text format coming from Windows, Unix and OS X.
It can automatically recognize the used format analyzing the content inside.
It can accept data with mixed use of quotas
Data can be manipulated and exported as text (as CSV, TSV, html or custom format selecting separators and other tags) or saved inside a native DB-Text document
DB-Text is a must have for any user that manipulates data text files.
It can enlarge or shrink all the columns in a single step from the toolbar
It allows to move and adjust columns as the user needs.
It allows to save a lot of time doing in a proper way text data manipulation with a tool designed for the purpose with features a text editor can't match.
• Import from any format (tab separated value, comma separated value, char separated value using semicolon), via file selection or drag and drop from the finder on any documents
• Import from all the most used encoding file (also from documents coming from Windows)
• Import dialog that let you select for any column (field) where to import inside the table
• Popup inside the import dialog to specify field destinations or specify new columns to create
• Full data browsing before import inside the import dialog
• Optional 'Use first row as header'
• Fast opening creating a new column table for any text column in the file
• Import more then one time inside a document with a great Mac interface to specify where to add data in a pre-existing table
• Manipulation of data easy and intuitive
• Edit in place for any data
• Sort and filter with a click inside the document (you can sort case sensitive or not)
• Copy as CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) or HTML of selected rows in the clipboard
• Assign at any time the content of a row as column header
• Saves also in native format
• Document based for a better data management
• Add delete columns and rows at any time with a click
• Columns can be moved at any time as the user needs
• Edit column accessory view to see how your data are organized (useful if you have a lot of columns data)
• Export dialog that let you select from which fields to export and in which order
• You can export in the format you like, you can even define a custom export format with personalised tags as fields separator, record separator, start of data, end and so on. You can personalise export exactly in the way you need.
• Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen.
• Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
What's New in Version 1.6
• Cascade sequential assignment to destination fields in a single click
• Import now shows position of visualized record of the total available
• Added an option to do not import first imported row also without using it as field labels
• Solved a bug not showing latest created fields inside destination popups in case of successive import operations
Very fast searched
I will admit this app is not Filemaker but it is incredibly fast especially searching. Downside to this is it is only text that means no calculated fields, no date fields etc. You can put these in but they read as text only. Also if importing do not try to import note/memo typoe field that are multi line, they get a separate line on import which doesn;t really mess things up but it makes the table bigger for nothing. I don’t really know of a fix for this other than to not import it. Single line notes are ok. I have a 1995 line table and it can search and find the two entries that is in the table in less than a second and another big plus for me on this is I don’t even have to press enter it searches while I type. If you are trying to keep track of stuff and don’t need a lot of features this app is perfect. Also I have never had a crash or error of any kind with this app. I do wish there were a Linux version also
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2012-2016 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor