A fast streamlined logbook made for GA. Created by a flight instructor for folks who don't give a heck about duty time.
"It's straightforward and simple but not simplistic. It's comprehensive in its data presentation but not complicated."
"I very much appreciate the simplicity. Most of the programs put in too much crap that nobody really wants."
"Great app. Easy to log my time."
(** To migrate from an old logbook please visit www.dbrief.me **)
FAST AND EASY ENTRY
- Auto-fills aircraft data
- Smart route suggestions
- Tap any label to auto-fill it with total time
- Dynamic keyboard switches between letters and numbers as you type
- Automatically adds decimals
EXPLORE YOUR CURRENCY
- Medical and CFI status
- Day/night landings by class for the past 90 days
- Tips to extend your instrument currency
- Flight review due date
EXPLORE YOUR HISTORY
- Interactive map of your entire flight history
- Archived tracks and weather for IFR flights
- Intelligent search, e.g. "2011 bfr" or ">2 app"
- Time breakdowns by type/tail number
OTHER NICE THINGS
- 8710 "Record of Pilot Time"—your totals are formatted in order of appearance on the IACRA web page
- Syncs across devices (ability to log your flight from a shared iPad)
- Have a copy of your logbook in your EFB (runs alongside your charts on iPad)
- Import from Excel or a previous online logbook
* Fixed crash when deleting flights during search
Ratings and Reviews
App Unexpectedly Quit
Recently, App not running and unexpectedly quit every time.
Looking for an inexpensive solution to my Log Book
After a less than stellar beginning due to a poor internet connection, I was, I must confess a bit chagrined at having chosen this app. HOWEVER! I was able to contact the creator/administrator and he enabled me to get it up and running. I emailed him a copy of my log I had on a spread sheet in Numbers and he up loaded it, I then went through and edited it and...Now I think I truly have found the inexpensive solution. I'm a private pilot with instrument rating, currently pursuing my Commercial rating and quite frankly too many bells and whistles would get in my way. I just want to keep track of my hours and instrument currency. This app does just that and without the huge price tag of the other more popular logs. I'm glad I made the choice. Maybe down the road I might find a need for a more expensive e-log but this one does the trick quite nicely! Get it! Oh and kudos to the creator/ admin guy for being available for questions and help. A very HUGE plus!!
I have been looking for an electronic logbook app for quite some time but all seemed to be over-complicated, hard to import data, or too fancy. I downloaded this one and, at first, had the concern over importing a lot of data. I emailed the support on a Monday night at 8:00 Pm and assumed I would get no response. Within 15 minutes I received an email saying - just send me your spreadsheet logbook and I will import it for you. I was impressed and I sent the logs. The next morning all of my data was in the logbook with about 6 entries corrected that the developer found as errors. What a great service.
The next day I received another email saying he had found a bug in the app and to make sure to download the latest version from the app store. Again, what great service.
The logbook is very cool, easy to use, and meets all of my needs. Yes, it is pretty basic, but that is the beauty of it. And I am confident that if I ever have any issues the developer will address them quickly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.