DBT Diary Card and Skills Coach
By Durham DBT, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DBT Diary Card is the only DBT iPhone app designed and created by a licensed and DBT intensively trained psychologist.
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ bug fixes galore! Keeping this app updated and running on all iOS devices is a challenge but I think we've gotten them taken care of
+ iPhone 6/6+ support
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
"***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I'd seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don't have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!" - iTunes US Review
"***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone... Get it now!" - iTunes Sweden Review
"***** Perfect! Worth the money!" - iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it's important to know to whom you're listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we're giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
- A reference manual
- A behavior tracker
- A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don't and can't.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
- Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you've ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don't have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it's all just a quick tap away.
- Emotions. All the "basic" emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
- Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
- Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can't think of which one or can't remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
- Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It's that easy. You are not wedded to the way it's presented in the app. It's all completely customizable.
- 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
- Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you'd like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.
What's New in Version 3.4
- Bugs fixed
- iPad crashing for some users fixed
- Performance improved
Best DBT app in all the markets
I have began using this app for many years starting with my iPod Touch. I switched to the iPhone because it isn't available on any other platform and this is by far the best DBT app out there. In addition to being diary cards, this app provides the meaning of each tool and when to use them. Note taking allows me to recall the events that led to the skills used. Customization enables me to make this app suitable to my own personal needs without having to go through the issues that don't apply to me. I recently got the iPad Pro and this DBT app is, again, my favorite app. There were crashes on the app, but it is working well both on my iPhone and my iPad now! This is such a valuable tool for both patients and therapists.
Great App! Love it!
This app is extremely convenient to use, I always have my phone with me so it makes it easy to log notes whenever And wherever I am. The coaching feature is awesome and very helpful. I have used it many times. The daily reminders are great to help you remember to log daily. This app is very user friendly and is definitely worth the purchase!
Highly recommend this app
It may not be "pretty," but it is highly functional and keeps good records. It's helpful for reminding me what a skill actually is because if you click on a skill a definition will pop up. You can also (somewhat) customize you DBT card, which can be saved and sent to whomever you want via email. I have recommended this app to therapist and those "working the DBT" life.