A Simple Quiz that anyone interested in DBT can do and learn from. From beginners to experienced DBT users, this app is sure to offer you new knowledge in a fun, interactive way.
Each level has a series of questions all based on a certain category. All you have to do is select the right answer more times than not, and you will be moved onto the next level instantly. Each round you pass will offer a description of why the answer is the way it is.
Level 3: In this scenario, are you practicing Wise Mind, or not?
- Scenario: Whenever your spouse makes you mad, you show your anger because if you don't, you aren't being true to yourself.
- Answer: Not Wise Mind
- Why: There is a myth among some people that says that if they don't express how they feel, that they aren't being true to themselves. This however neglects the fact that we all say things we regret saying when we are angry. Therefore, generally speaking, it would not be wise to show your anger every time you feel it. There of course are times when it is appropriate. Usually though, it is better to calm down and get into a Wise Mind state of mind before choosing what to do about that situation that made you angry.
Now with over 450 DBT Questions from all 4 DBT Skill Groups:
• Mindfulness Skills
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Distress Tolerance Skills
• Emotional Regulation Skills
And as usual, this app integrates with our other DBT apps. So the progress you make in this app will count towards your entire DBT progress. Your data will be saved in case you want to share it with your Therapist, or just see your own progress whenever you want.
• Added Quick Notes to the Main Menu. You can use this to quickly add notes whenever you want, whether it be for keeping track of your DBT homework assignments, or anything else.
• A new Switch has been added to the 'Generate Reports' section that allows you to add your Quick Notes as the body of your email if you choose to use Email as the way you export.
• Now, when there is a new version of the app, there will be a small notification from the Menu. You can use this to quickly see release notes and update your app as soon as it becomes available. This means less bugs and more features!
• Improved 'Email Developer' information added to better help debug issues.
• Fixed the 'Bug Reports' module so it'll move out of the way of the keyboard in most cases and removed the occasional crash.
Ratings and Reviews
What a great idea to incorporate DBT skills into a fun app. With there being so many DBT skills to remember and keep track of, it is nice to use an app that introduces DBT skills for newcomers, as well is a wonderful reminder/refresher for those already familiar with DBT. Rather than having to seek skills out within a text or notes, which can become quite monotonous -- not to mention boring -- this app provides a fun way to learn & refresh these valuable skills. It is comprehensive, humorous, and fully engages the user. The app can be used for just a few, or for several, minutes every day. Furthermore, just by using the app, several skills are simultaneously being used -- double win!
Edit: I decided to pay for the upgraded version, and I have to say that I am quite disappointed as after only covering a few additional skills, the game was complete. I feel a bit suckered as I paid expecting many more skills and levels to be available.
To the creator of this app, I don't recall there having been an update to the app since my original download over a year ago. Do you have plans for future updates as you indicated at the bottom at the end of the game?
Thanks for the review! Sorry about not responding for so long. This is actually the first time I've responded to any reviews as this is somewhat of a new feature that Apple created, so I never got in the habit of responding. Hopefully will though.
Onto your concerns: I'm sorry about you feeling suckered. I tried to make half of the content free (with ads) to users, and allow them to pay for the second half. I know it's not the greatest tradeoff, as most things you get for free, and pay for, it seems like you get a TON more. Unfortunately, I just didn't create enough content. And the content I did create went over all of the DBT skills that I learned in my own DBT class. So although there could be more content, it was thorough in addressing all of the standard 28 DBT skills.
You're right - there haven't been any updates. I've been actually working for the past year on updating all of my DBT apps. It's a long process, but I'm integrating them all with each other, wrapping up a lot of loose ends, etc etc etc. Everything is being rewritten from scratch so these apps will be on ios, android, windows, etc. And I'll be able to make updates quicker and to all platforms.
When these new updates do come out in a few months, there won't be any new Quiz/Trivia content added right away. But I do plan on adding new content. I'm not sure if you're interested in adding any yourself, but this is an option too as I'm only one person, and writing code is a hobby, not a jobby ;)
First I'll be adding the new versions which will add some new features to this app, then I'll be fixing typos/bugs. And finally, I'll be adding new content. Sorry again for this delay. It wasn't my intention to deceive. Thank you again for the positive review :)
GREAT app, but writing is small on my phone
I like that the questions are thought-provoking, and that no matter which way you answer, right OR wrong, they provide an explanation to help you understand the situation and the best way to handle it. I also like the occasional videos included with some answers! I'd give this app 5 stars, but on my current phone (iPhone 5S), the font is a bit small, making it take longer to read and therefore longer to answer a (timed) question, as well as to read the explanations that follow each question.
Only a brief look at what skills to work on,but I don't know yet how the process to improve will work for me yet. Intriguing me to try it. Just a personal annoyance-still need spell check work! As those were stated to be part of the improvements,they distract me and question professionalism and attention to detail. As we are tested on our skills that relate,I hate finding them.
I will give the App a try, we all should be open to ways to improve or fine tune any part of ourselves!
Thanks for the review! I know this is an old review, but thought I'd respond :) Typos are still an issue since I haven't updated this app in a long time, but I'm getting close to finishing an update to all my DBT apps which will integrate them with each other. Spelling/grammar is on the list of things to do. And don't worry - it's not a personal annoyance! It's a universal one :D I'm annoyed when I reread the typos I made too! Will get working on it soon as the updates are out :D Thanks for the review!
- POP POP LLC
- 36.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Pop Pop LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $3.99
- 3 Extra Lives $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.