By dealnews.com, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brought to you by DealNews, named one of "the Top 100 Most Useful Sites on the Internet" by MSN Money, the DealNews app lets you browse over 200 deals a day on everything from tablets to shoes to apps and much more. Not only can you search for the latest deals, coupons and freebies on your phone or tablet, but the DealNews app makes it easy to:
* Setup Instant Deal Alerts - The DealNews app gives you the ability to setup and receive instant notifications for your favorite types of deals as soon as we post them. You'll never miss another deal ever again.
* Save Deals to Your DealNews Account - Because buying stuff on a phone can still suck sometimes, you can save your favorite deals to your DealNews account from the app. Saved deals can then be accessed at dealnews.com, so you can complete your purchase at a time or place that is more convenient.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
Our most stable release yet! (It's so STABLE, you can keep horses in it. Puns!)
We REINED in a bunch of bugs, too:
* Will it crash upon log in? NEIGH!
* It won't crash when SADDLED with too many tasks at once, anymore.
Plus: Under-the-hood tweaks to make it run faster, even on slower networks (you know … more HORSEPOWER!)
Refresh Locks Screen, Takes FOREVERRRRRR to liad
I really don't know what the problem with this happens. It seems just, well, stupid. The moment that you open it up, it automatically tries to refresh it's information from the Internet but in the process of doing this, it locks up your entire screen. In other words, while it's refreshing, you can't scroll through the deals. You just have to sit there and wait... and then your phone goes into standby, if you're lucky because half the time the app locks up. Great app in theory but this is a huge problem.
Great app, one thing though...
I do really like the app. Not only can you browse the categories for great discovered price breaks, but you can set up alerts based upon key words. My one issue however, is sometimes I get push alerts on those key words I set up, but when I tap the alert, the app opens and initially shows a count on the "my deals" icon, but when I tap it, all the alerted deals disappear. Discouraging, yes, but not enough to drop the rating below 4 stars.
GREAT APP / 1 SUGGESTION
User-driven apps are the best. If you find a deal, why not share it with others? The alerts are by far the best feature about this app. It will even go as far as alert you when a term is posted like "pro" from an app store.
The only thing I found annoying is when you get a text or alert while you are looking at a deal on the internal browser. It will kick you back to the details page on the app. Fix that and this is MONEY!
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 1.9.3
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: dealnews.com, Inc.
- © 2009 dealnews.com, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.