By PHOKUS PTY. LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transform your iPhone into a pocket sized VX. With advanced options in a classic video camera styling, Death Lens captures the widest field of view in 3 modes: Square Frame 1:1 (perfect for Instagram), Classic 4:3 & HD 16:9. Essential functions have been constructed to simplify & enhance your experience. These include:
• The ability to shoot smooth footage & remove the shaky vignette when recording with your Death Lens case attached.
• High frame rate recording at 120FPS for 5S, 240FPS for 6/6S, 6+/6S+ models & 4k for 6S & 6S + models
• A VX Filter which saves out your 4:3 and 16:9 clips with the same classic viewfinder look, ready for use in Instagram.
• The Insta Ready feature which saves un-cropped Classic & HD recordings into a square frame for Instagram. This includes imported recordings also.
• A focus & exposure lock for multi take shots
• The ability to mark clips as favorites
• Batch delete to remove all unwanted recordings in one action
What's New in Version 1.5
• Added support for iPhone SE
- Minor bug fixes.
If you enjoy Death Lens, please take a minute to leave a positive review on the App Store.
Thanks for your support!
Are you experiencing issues, have any comments or suggestions for updates?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org & we'll get right on it.
Does not work with iPhone 7 although they sell they lens for it
UPDATE: App doesn't work with iPhone 7
The app NEEDS to be able to record 4:3 at 60fps. 30fps is awful for sports and looks even worse when slowed down for a ramped slow mo or any slow mo. If the point is to mimic a Vx1000 then 4:3 should be the priority.
2. The app should be able to begin and end record via the volume buttons on the phone so that problem number #3 isn't such an issue...
3. The app shouldn't reset the locked exposure and focus anytime the screen is touched. This happens often because the record button is very small and easy to miss when you're trying to hit it quickly to begin filming. Doing so means you have to refocus and reset the exposure to what you desire again. Once it's locked it should remain so until manually turned off in the settings.
These are three very big issues with the app as it sits now. The app is good as it is, but feels very unrefined without these improvements which shouldn't be very difficult to make as they are all possible via the default camera on the iPhone. Thank you for you product and I hope more improvements are on the way.
This app is amazing
I used to film with Fisheye on my phone and when I went to edit the clips on my computer the outline of the lens would always be shaking and made me mad. Now that I found this app it makes the outlines stay still and makes the quality soooo much better. I can't even tell it was filmed on an iPhone anymore
What's better than a skater owned fisheye company? That's some true skating right down to the roots. Beautiful product, any other cheap fisheye looks like ****. The main reason I got the app was for the shaking of the fisheye trying to autofocus in the normal camera app, but this has the setting to turn that off so it doesn't do that. 10/10 DEATHLENS FOR LIFE WOULDNT BUY ANY OTHER BRAND OF FISHEYE!!!