New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
Giant update coming soon! This will celebrate Death Road to Canada being out for two years! We're adding new features, locations, characters, weapons, and more!
As always, with big content updates we will increase the price by a dollar!
This is the new GIZZARD update for Death Road to Canada! It has some changes to the final level, a new character with a few all new weapons, a new special trading camp, a new song, and some requested tweaks and fixes.
Next update will be a big one! It will have multiplayer improvements, new locations, AI weapons management, and more!
Changes this Update:
- Added the Last Mall on Earth, a new special trading camp. Has gas trader, weapons buyer, recruit campfire, 6 random traders, and a guaranteed rare 7th trader!
- Added the ability for trading camps to force a rare trader, currently used in the Mall.
- Fixed a hospital generation bug
- Fixed a room crash bug
- Changed how the on-death attributes work. Now Phoenix, Shield of Hope, and the July 4th and Bort characters will not drop their weapons on resurrection.
- Adjusted a bunch of city generation code for less getting stuck on trash.
- Made that really narrow city no longer generate door-trash.
- New rare character: Moody added
- New weapon support added for Rocket Launchers and Electric Tools
- New weapons for Moody: Off-Brand Plasms Rifle, Moody Launcher, Moody Chainsaw
- You can no longer sell no-drop weapons to the Weapons Buyer, partially due to how exploitable this was on Moody
- New Song Added: One More Road. Plays during credits and as a random road song.
- Snubnose Pistol will now replace normal pistols 20% of the time
- Double-barrel Shotgun will now replace normal shotguns 10% of the time
- Ruined Trading Camp/Fire Sale: Removed the flaming car that was right next to you as you spawned.
- Fix for a crash caused by completely empty rooms
Ratings and Reviews
This game’s cheeky hilarity comes from the endlessly unexpected ways we perish during our trek to the zombie-free haven north of the 49th. Smashing our car in an ill-advised stunt jump, being abandoned by our rifle-toting dog, losing a pose-off to a bunch of burly bandits—you get the picture. This undead action-adventure just won’t stop gnawing on our funnybones.
In depth Organ Trail
Most games on iPhones can not compare to games on consoles or computer. This can is on all 3. One of the best games overall and maybe the best on iPhone. This game is like a much more in-depth and fleshed our Organ Trail. Organ Trail, was based off of Oregon Trail, But with zombies. Such a great game, I was skeptical to buy it at seven dollars but I know now that was a steal, and it seems so do the devs, because they raised the price a bit because of how easy it was selling. I would still buy it though knowing what I know now. No IAP so it is a full game with so many game modes, storylines to explore that you make along with your choices, and upgrades to help you unlock and beat the hardest game mode. With all of this content, I would pay $15+, but that is a little high because people don’t fully know what they are getting out of it. But I hope I convinced you to buy this, because this is my favorite game on iPhone, and in my top five overall. Not a sponsor review, just really love it!
Ideas, my dinguses!
So, this game is awesome. It's one of my favorite games. I have a few ideas that I hope you guys will think about putting in the game.
1. This one is kinda obscure but, custom descriptions/encounter texts for custom characters. What I mean is for an example: Gordo's encounter text is:
2. This ones really obscure but hilarious at the same time: beaver sword... you may be thinking: what does that mean? Well when the Canada day event was going on, I got the event where you can choose between three cursed weapons. The flashing text weapon was a sword. And you guys know the deal with the flashing text items and how you can't take it off of the character you gave it to and it's stuck to that character too. Well, thinking it would be an upgrade to the beaver, I gave it to him. It didn't work out that way but instead made it so the beaver could not attack and it was stuck on the top of the beaver. It was hilarious.
(Sorry if this is to long)
3. Now, you guys already have a ton of cool characters but I have some more ideas for more characters. Vinesauce Vinny, Peanutbuttergamer, and Spacehamster. The reason why I think these guys would be good characters is that they all play the game. I suggest watching their videos and streams to see what kind of personalities they would have in the game. Also how about making a rocket cat as a character as well.
Those are my ideas. I love the game. :)
- Rocketcat LLC
- 108.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rocketcat LLC 2018
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.