Decibel 10: Noise dBA Meter, FFT Spectrum Analyzer
By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Decibel 10" is one of very few noise/sound meter apps on the market having highly reliable and pre-calibrated measurements. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound/noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel 10" will help you answer all those right now.
Most importantly, this app is FREE and we commit to regularly improve the tool to maintain its best accuracy and usability for everyone. If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Tested and calibrated for most Apple devices. The precision is matching with top rated apps and real SPL devices
- Frequency weighting filters: A, B, C, Z
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Apple Watch support
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layout
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15dB to 15dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 to 130 dB(A)
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layout
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Record and export the data (up to 24 hours) to email for further analysis
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear all data at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dB(A). The range 30-130 dB(A) is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dB(A).
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
What's New in Version 5.3.3
- Fix occasionally crashing bug
- Upgrade components
- Several minor fixes
A fine app, but...
App does its job quite well! For those complaining about ads, find the button "Upgrade" and pay $0.99 to get rid of them, you cheapskates!
An issue is eating away one star, though. Photo taking feature is buggy. The photo taken is unnecessarily smaller than what iPhone offers and the text it superimposes onto photo grows into a monster eating away at photo by the time it hits Camera roll. It does NOT need to be so big and certainly shouldn't end up different from what is shown in preview.
Just using decibel meter
It works well and allow me to check noise level quickly and easily so I can be my noise protection set up. (Or sometimes ask the music to be turned down)
In simplest form
Very limited but handy tool I can use on the fly to answer basic audio level concerns. Easy to use but the interface variables could be easier to change to improve the tool. Worth having in the toolkit.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 03, 2017
- Version: 5.3.3
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade$2.99
- A, B, C Frequency Weightings$1.99
- Remove Ads$0.99
- Extended Data Export$1.99