"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
● Fixes random crashing issue of Insta Decibel
● Fixes UI issue on iPhone X family devices
● Fixes an issue where many ad-free paid users still seeing ads at the beginning
● Fixes an issue where there now should open a warning message when sharing via Instagram, Facebook services but those apps are not installed yet
● Several minor fixes & performance improvements
Thanks for using Decibel X! Please be sure to rate this new version and leave us a review on the App Store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improving Decibel X.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Good, With One Quibble...
I’ve used a couple sound meter apps over the last few years along with a commercial quality sound level meter. I would put this up there with the best of what I’ve used. This review is for the purchased, “pro” version of the software. That I can pay $4.99 and use the processing capabilities of my iPhone in leu of spending $150+ on a professional, stand-alone meter blows my mind.
The level of detail shown in the various portions of the screen offer a broad range of information to the user. You get both numerical and graph output as well as dial analog output of minimum and maximum readings, duration, etc.
One quibble is that when I pause the meter and reset it, it asks if I really want to, which is okay, but immediately restarts the sound reading, even if I don’t want it to. Also, I’d like for a reset to take the meter back to “0”. It restarts at the prior average. I would like to see these twin issues corrected, and I’d then give the app 5 stars.
Really Nice; How About This.
This is a great tool for audio enthusiast and semi pro apps.. very useful. How about this developer... what if you had a filter for the audio enthusiast that instead of showing air plane, riveter, streets noise, etc, it showed whispering, quiet conversation, normal conversation, public speaking, quiet church music, typical church music, loud church music, Jazz, Orchestra, Country Music Concert, Rap Music, Rock Concert. Each of these have associated typical levels such as...
60~67 Quiet Conversation
67~70 Normal Conversation
70~72 Public Speaking
82~92 Quiet Church Music
92~95 Typical Church Music
95~102 Loud Church Music
115~125 Rock Concert
Etc... you get the idea
These are all subject to I individual styles and preferences but the ideas is to get close, some type of base line for people who really have no idea what they’re doing but they knobs anyway (and you know who you are). This is very common in church music and small clubs where speakers mics are either so soft people lose interest or so loud it’s annoying. Or when the band is so soft it ruins the mood or so loud it’s dangerous to your ears. Many churches have no idea what is appropriate sound levels or what is borderline dangerous. I think this might be very helpful.
DB meter for pro use
I am a full-time professional audio engineer. I have run sound for a virtual who’s who in rock ‘n’ roll R&B, blues, funk, Motown, bluegrass, and for the most part country. I am currently working for a band that are Sony recording artist. The decibel meter does exactly what it should and does it well. I have paid many times this price for DB meters in the past that We’re just as accurate but nowhere near as convenient. This one is always at arms length when I need it … i’ve been using it for a year or so and I am submitting this review just to let you guys know how convenient,easy and accurate this app is to use.
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade $2.99
- ITU-R 468, A, B, C Weightings $1.99
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.