By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW: InstaDecibel to share your dB report overlaid on your photos via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more!
Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? Decibel 10th will help you answer all those right now.
Most importantly, this tool is absolutely FREE and we commit to keep the price. If you satisfy with it, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
- Display the Average, Peak and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layout
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Plotted history of the Average values
- Record and export the data to email for further analysis
- Tap on Max value to reset it any time
- Adjustable sample rate, ranging from 4Hz to 20Hz
- Calibrate the measurements from -10dB to 10dB
- Enable/disable auto-lock screen
- Start or stop the tool at any time
- Beautiful, clean and intuitive design
- Retinal ready, just more beautiful on retina iPhone and iPad
- Universal binary, download once and it also runs beautifully both on iPad and iPhone
- The built-in microphone is only sensitive from 0 to approximately 100 decibels
- 2nd generation iPod Touch users do not have built-in microphone so in order to use the app, it is required to plug in an external microphone
- Even though we have tried our best to make the app as accurate as possible, this app is intended for entertainment purposes only
-- SPECIAL NOTE --
Decibel 10th is the 10th tool among many other professional tools in our app "Multi Measures - All in one measuring toolkit"
What's New in Version 4.1.2
- Remove fullscreen ad on startup.
- Fixed icons in InstaDecibel settings.
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Everything the app promises to be
Yes, this uses the built in iphone microphone. Derpa hurp duh. That means there is always an inherent limit of expected quality because of the hardware of the device being used. This app does not try to make any claims that this software is somehow more accurate than the limits of its platforms' hardware. That will never be possible, so I don't know why people are criticizing the app because of known device hardware limitations.
This app was exactly what I expected except of the added bonus of displaying SPL differences over a time domain! I would've been happy with just a numerical decibel reading, but this app includes a measurement-over-time feature as well as a pause/play button for examining a specific volume at a specific moment.
This app is great, it works great and the interface makes sense. If you're looking for scientific measurement of specific frequencies that your device hardware is unable to pick up with clarity, you should stop trying to use an iPhone/iPad (ya dingus) and invest in a decent microphone, preamp, and recording software with accurate loudness measurement plugins.
This app is perfect for the iPhone and its limited microphone. Anyone complaining about this is clearly drunk and should just go home already 😉
Neat tool but take it with a grain of salt.
Obviously it's not going to be super accurate as it is just using the phone/iPad mic, but it is a near tool that can give you a rough estimate. I know one of the other reviewers had an issue with it not going above 100 or below 40 but if you read all the information the debs talk about this limitation. In short, it's fun, but don't base your thesis paper off its measurements.
This may lack accuracy for professional applications. But, it helps me determine when ear protection is needed. And since I began using this, I always carry earplugs for those times when chronic exposure to >90 db levels could cause damage to my hearing. Protecting one's hearing is important. This app helps me do that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- No Ads$0.99