Decibel X: dB, dBA Noise Meter
By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
What's New in Version 6.1.0
Thanks for using Decibel X! Please be sure to rate this new version and leave us a review on the App Store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improving Decibel X.
This major update includes:
- Supports iPhone X
- Adds Dosimeter. Just tap on the bottom labels to show/hide the Dose & TWA measurements.
- Adds Dose, TWA measurements in the history record and CS
- Adds sound level examples chart
- Saved records name now can be editable
- Adds bouncing effect after saving a record to notify users to swipe up the list
- Adds calibration +/- buttons in the settings for easier control
- Fixes an issue which does not show the duration label when changing rotation from landscape to portrait
- Fixes several iCloud issues
- Code clean-up
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
The app is easy to use and understand. Comparing it to the decibel meter I have from Radio Shack they are very close. It’s like comparing one temp thermometer to another, the usually don’t match but one degree or very close is good enough and that was the same when holding the two decibel meters side by side. Spend the $1.99 and get rid of those ads. I consider this decibel meter accurate (or in the ballpark) and dependable.
Great little utility!
I love this little decibel meter. While there is no easy way to calibrate it perfectly without having an absolute accuracy decibel meter for reference, it does a fantastic job of giving relative decibel measurements. And you can get the calibration quite close if you can find a very quiet room. Five stars for this great little utility!
Decibel X very helpful with a newborn
We just check the decibels and adjust the sound
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 6.1.0
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade$2.99
- A, B, C Frequency Weightings$1.99
- Remove Ads$0.99
- Extended Data Export$2.99