Founded in 2004, Decibel Magazine is the globe’s premier heavy metal resource. The Philadelphia, PA-based monthly magazine has never deviated from its original mission of examining the past, present and future of metal. Since our debut issue (the Dillinger Escape Plan, October 2004), Decibel has evolved into the authoritative voice on heavy music—we match our readers’ rabid obsession with both the legendary and currently groundbreaking artists we cover. In our 12th year, Decibel isn’t just America’s only monthly metal magazine—with an array of dynamic, exclusive content and five renowned national tours in our arsenal, we’re the only ones who matter.
****Note: This digital edition does not include the physical flexi-disc you would find with printed copies. You can stream tracks online at http://www.decibelmagazine.com/flexi-series/****
The terms of subscription are 6 months and 1 year. Your subscription will start with the latest available issue.
A single issue costs $4.99.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• We will be collecting information about your use of the app both when you are online and offline.
• Faster store loading.
• Optimisations to improve performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
This is not crap
Okay, so maybe I'd complain if I had already paid for a print subscription and couldn't get the digital version for free. But I didn't do that (sorry, dude). Instead, I bought my subscription within the app and I'm completely happy I did. This is essentially just a scanned version of the print edition, like most digital magazines. One day I'm sure you'll be able to click on the ad for that sweet Cradle of Filth shirt with the cuss words on it you had your eyes on and be redirected to a webstore, but not yet my friends. Not yet. PersonalIy, I wish there was a way to enlarge the text beyond just using pinch to zoom, but then I also wish Cliff Burton was still alive. Can't have everything, now can we? Nope. What you get is Decibel. On your iPad. Your prayers to Papa Emeritus have been answered. Now, stop playing Flick Golf on the toilet and read this instead. Your deci-hole will thank you.
Best Mag, App Fixed!
I met "James" at the Chicago tour stop and told him about the problem. he followed up a few days later with this - and I'm back in business! Give it a try. Great mag, great people.
1. Browse to the 'HELP' section of the Decibel app and in the bottom-right hand corner you should see a section labelled version number. Simply hold this down for a few seconds and a box will appear asking if you would like to 'reset credentials' simply select this option
2. Delete the app from the device and re-download from the App store - not from an iCloud backup
3. Hold down the lock key on your device and at the same time, hold down the 'Home' button. After 5 seconds the device will completely shut down. Keep these buttons held down until the Apple logo reappears (hard reset).
4. Let the device restart and then launch the app
The above reviewer who said this app is "pointless", is completely clueless. It's an app for a digital subscription where you can also buy past issues as well. I love Decibel and having the entire library on my ipad makes it that much better.
- Red Flag Media, Inc.
- 68 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Red Flag Media, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Decibel Magazine subscriptions $24.99
- Decibel Magazine subscriptions $14.99
- Top 100 Death Metal Albums $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.