Decibel Meter Pro is the hottest, most feature packed decibel meter on iTunes! With killer graphics optimized for the iPhone, the Retina display and the iPad! Decibel Meter Pro has been in the Top Utilities on iTunes since it's release! Download your copy today and find out why!
* Decibel Meter Pro is TUAW's Daily iPad App July 5th, 2011! *
"At US$0.99, Decibel Meter Pro is a bargain. It's a great tool for anyone who is concerned about noise levels or who needs a tool for measuring just how loud the neighbor's barking dog is."
Useful, beautiful and lots of fun, Decibel Meter Pro is a must have app for your device! Simply launch the app and start reading the sound levels that surround you every day! Are these sound levels safe for my hearing? Want to know just how loud this club is? Just how loud is this lecture anyhow? How good is the sound isolation in this room? Decibel Meter Pro can help! Download Decibel Meter Pro and measure the sounds around you right now!
Decibel Meter Pro is also included in our flagship app called Audio Tool. It is a complete bundle of handy audio apps, which can also be found on iTunes.
The iPhone's built in microphone is sensitive from 0 to approximately 130 decibels.
Why aren't you getting a 0 decibel reading in a quiet room? A decibel is an actual measurement of sound pressure and aside from a vacuum chamber or out in space 0 dB is not really possible to read. An average quiet room will be in the 40-50 dB range.
- A, B, C and Z (unweighted) frequency weightings!
- Sensitivity Fader! Be as sensitive as you've always wanted to be!
- Liquid rotating interface!
- Hold your device with the mic aimed at the source. The display will automatically rotate upside down for you.
- Start or stop Decibel Meter Pro any time.
- Easy to read interface with amazing graphics optimized for Retina displays!
- Measure the sound levels around you, with ease!
- Large digital and analog style readouts.
- Average, Peak and Max level displays.
- Reset the Max level readout by tapping on it's digital readout.
- Calibrate the measurements plus or minus 15 decibels.
- Decide whether or not you want your device to sleep while metering.
- Reset settings to defaults.
Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The meter works, but it’s only useful in the moment. It doesn’t track or hold any info. For instance, if you want to know how many decibels you were exposed to during the last hour, this is useless. #1, it only stays on as long as your screen is set up to stay awake, so to test an hour-long music class, for example, you’d have to change your phone settings to never auto-lock. #2, it will show the max decibel in whatever time period you left the display open, but there’s no way to see how long the sound stayed at that decibel. So let’s say the dial says the max was 103 decibels. Well, the World Health Org says you won’t get hearing damage if that 103 decibels was for less than 45 seconds, but unless you were staring at the dial for the entire time and counting in your head, you would have no clue what that max # means. If you leave the screen for any reason, like to answer a call, it resets to zero. It doesn’t test what the actual metric of hearing damage is measured by: both decibels and length of exposure
I am a music teacher and also play on a band. Needless to say my ears are very important to me. I use the app to help my students realize just how loud they are playing.
I use the with the band to find dead spots in the rooms we play so we can have better speaker placement
Great app for audiophiles and others
If you're trying to get your speakers placed Just Right this app will help you spot dead zones and bright reflective spots. As an added bonus it is a great tool in teaching your child the difference between talking and yelling. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.