Want to know what noise level is around you? in the restaurant? in the train? in the office? This app will show you.
+++++ Thank you for the nice comments +++++
- Nice analog display
- Take photo with decibels display
- Share, print, and store decibel photos
Extra Features (with purchase):
- Record decibels on beautiful strip charts
- Annotate the strip charts
- Share, print, and store the strip charts
This app uses the internal microphone to estimate the sound pressure level in decibels (dB SPL).
- quiet bedroom at night: 30 dB
- average home: 50 dB
- vacuum cleaner, 1m away: 70 dB
- jet aircraft, 50 m away: 140 dB
This free app is supported by ads. Ads can be disabled with purchase.
In case of problems or if you have suggestions please contact the support address provided under "Developer Website".
- Supporting upside-down orientation with the microphone pointing upwards.
- Addressing an issue that let the app crash when saving an image.
Ratings and Reviews
it's a classic app
basically the best app on its kind since ever on appstore.
love the ios 6 support.
It works, it's free, you can't lose
I am not sure of the actual accuracy; however, it is relatively accurate. What I mean is that a normal room with an air conditioner running is about 40 db, add a conversation across the room and it goes up 10 db or so. Some of the other reviewers have no idea what the decibel meter is supposed to do or how decibels are reported. One guy claims a quiet room should be 0db and rates the app poorly since it was registering 40db in a "quiet room". Also, those complaining about the meter not inverting, you don't need to "point" the microphone at the source of the noise. If you can hear the noise, so can the microphone.
Look, if you are looking for an exact db meter for some engineering or legal reason, go get a real db meter for $60 or more. If you are somewhere and you find yourself having difficulty communicating with someone across the table, reach down and try the app to get a general idea of how loud it is where you are.
Pretty accurate and free!
This app seems to be pretty accurate. I compared it with my Radio Shack meter and it reads within a few db. Only change I would like to see is a digital readout in addition to the analog one. I think a lot of the negative reviews are from people that don't understand how sol meters work... Even in a room you think is "silent" a meter will still read 30-40db...that's just the way it is...
- David Bannach
- 5.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Swiss German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 David Bannach
- In-App Purchases
- Strip Chart Recorder $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.