TURN YOUR PHOTOS INTO MIND-BENDING ABSTRACT ART
APP RATED 9/10 BY WIRED MAGAZINE
FILM IS DEAD ... And yet many camera apps still insist upon attempting simulations of that long-past era. We say NO to artificial nostalgia, pushing forward in the digital realm with different forms of creative destruction.
With that in mind we present Decim8, a digital tool for photographic destruction. Armed with a set of bit-glitching filters, evolve your pictures into strange and sublime artifacts bordering on chaos. There are no effects to simulate your grandpa's snapshots. No virtual replicas of plastic instant-cams from your imaginary summer of '73. Just mad combinations of digital data-mashing. That's how we roll.
-30 insane digital effects not found in any other app
- Save your favorite combinations as your own named effects
- User may randomize OR custom arrange-and-activate effects
- Camera features: tap-to-focus, focus locking, torch-mode flash, align grid, front/rear cam
- Decim8 images from your photo library
- Full-size output
- Tweet out your creations with seamless Twitter integration
- Effects never exactly the same twice
- Effects previews give an idea of what each effect does.
** WARNING! THIS APP IS CAPABLE OF COMPLETELY DESTROYING AN IMAGE. (You can keep the original of course!) If this doesn't appeal to you, there are LOTS of apps out there to provide all the "safe" effects you could ever want. If you're looking for something more, something new and unpredictable.. capable of making art that's challenging yet beautiful, then we think you will enjoy DECIM8!
Also, check out the vibrant community of #Decim8 users on Instagram!
Decim8 is a dynamic & social project- please feel free to drop us a line with your ideas and suggestions. Thanks and have a nice day!
Note: All example images taken straight from the app - no other programs used
This version's intent is to correct a bug that is causing crashes during initialization on certain devices.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been addicted to this app since I first downloaded it years ago. While the current version is not as polished as the previous version, this version implements new features that are incredible like real time effects displayed on screen and parameter adjustments for these effects. A few bugs are to be expected. But the developer is committed to making the very best app possible and he is very quick to patch any and all bugs that get reported. This is one of the most unique photo apps you will ever find. It has become a signature part of my creative process. I for one love it and hope to see it continue for years and years to come.
Personal suggestions to the developer:
1. Full screen mode - allow users to view and capture images without any user interface displayed other than effected images. Pictures could be captured by tapping the screen or via the volume buttons; same as the built in Apple camera app. If focus is needed users could long press the screen; also the same as the builtin camera.
2. Legacy mode: for those users who still want to use the previous version.
3. Realtime effects display on/off toggle.
I love Decim8; the developer is so responsive. The live camera view is fun, sharp, useful. This is a crucial glitch app. Users can create increasingly complex chains of distinctive and random iterations of glitch patterns and principles. This is different from simple filters or looks that always change an image the same way. I can't imagine my work as a glitch-based artist without it. I can investigate its possibilities seriously and/or creatively just play with it. And the new update is STUNNING!! The addition of blending modes, opacity, flattening, and additional glitch modes has made this app even more flexible and responsive.
The best camera application, back again !
I'm so glad this app came back, I was really missing it after the iOS 8 update -- now that it's back I can get back to making cool stuff again !! Thanks so much for the application !! I wonder if it would be possible for a video recording feature now that the images are displayed moving in real time -- it's is most definitely an improvement from the first versions ;) it was worth the wait, and I was so excited to see it again. A must have application for anyone working with digital phone art. 10/10
- Kris Collins
- 54.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Kris Collins
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.