Decked Builder HD
By TJ Soft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Decked Builder iPad is the iPad version of the highly acclaimed Decked Builder for the iPhone and Mac.
New in version 3.0:
- User Interface updated and streamlined
- New file format for Collections (.coll2) now supports foil cards
New in the iPad version:
- A fully optimized all-in-one view for searching and building your deck that allows you to work more efficiently.
"This is the program I recommend for anyone willing to spend ... on an MtG application. I’m one of those people who will generally take the free alternative over the paid app any day, but I’m actually happy to have spent the money on this one. It has a ton of very cool features, runs smoothly, and even has RSS feeds for several top MtG sites."
- Michael Evans, GatheringMagic.com
"Decked Builder is the absolute pinnacle of what a Magic the Gathering accessory app should be. There’s almost nothing that I need, that this app can’t do for me."
- Jaden, appaddict.net
"The iPad version of Decked Builder is perfect. Solitaire play has been upgraded and the card loading speed is marvelous. Thanks for a good application."
- Eugene Lee, author of Wagic
"I have to say that this app is certainly one that I would recommend to any MTG player"
- Josh Elliot, eyeofthevortex.com
Decked Builder is the premium deck building app for Magic the Gathering -- providing a sleek user interface to research decks, find cards, and then build, price and finally buy the deck that you want.
* Find your cards
- Instant search results with no Internet connection as the database is stored locally
- Search for cards by any combination of card expansion, rarity, color, type or cost
- Built in support for tournament formats including Standard, Modern, Extended, EDH and Classic
- See only distinct cards, or find every printing of a card in every set
- Full card text search -- easily find every Landfall card, Elf, Vampire or any other attribute that has ever been printed.
* Build your decks
- Build multiple deck listings and sideboards
- Easily test sample draws from the deck, and simulate a game of Magic by playing cards to the battlefield.
- Get statistics on your deck including mana curves, color symbol counts and card type percentages
- Email decks to your friends
- Full text search for cards in your deck -- perfect for building EDH 100 card singleton decks
- Sort and filter your deck by mana cost, color, card type, tournament legality and more
* Price and buy your decks
- Decked Builder contains multiple price feeds from TCGplayer.com, CoolStuffInc.com, CardShark.com and MTGOTraders.com
- Finding the cheapest way to put your deck together from some of the largest card suppliers on the Internet
- Price your entire deck with a single tap
- Easily buy your entire deck online, or just cards missing from your collection
* Research decks
- Decked Builder includes RSS feeds which are specially formatted for clean viewing and fast downloads.
- Cards names are automatically be highlighted for instant (no network required) card lookups from the built-in database
- Featured RSS feeds from TCGplayer.com, DraftMagic.com, MTGCast, PureMTGO.com, Channel Fireball, Power 9 Pro, GatheringMagic.com, StarCityGames
- Deck integration with mtgo-stats.com allows you to download, analyze and test the latest winning decks directly on your device
* Track your collection (enabled via in-app purchase)
- Easily input your collection by any criteria you can think of
- Find missing cards to complete your collection or your deck
- Value your collection -- find out how much you have spent on your Magic addiction
- iCloud synchronization makes it effortless to keep your collection in synch across your Mac, iPad and iPhone.
* And More!
- Decked Builder features high-definition card art scans that display brilliantly on your Retina Display
- Fully support for Innistrad day/night cards, Kamigawa flip cards and split cards
- Works perfectly offline with no Internet connection
What's New in Version 3.4.4
- Fix CSV Export
This app is easily the greatest asset to me in regards to MTG. From organizing my collection, to building new decks, Decked Builder has it all. Trying to organize my collection in the past has been very difficult, but with this I'm able to add, delete, and change my collection very quickly. In regards to building decks, Decked Builder is a must. Building a deck (outside of drafts) used to take a whole afternoon and half the family room floor, sifting through tubs for hours gave me a head ache. Decked Builder allows me to easily search by any criteria to find cards for my decks that I never would have known existed.
All in all I'm very happy with my purchase of this app. Many complain about the price and the add ons. I would rather have just paid the full amount instead of having to buy each feature individually, but feel that the purchase was well worth it. I have recommended this app to many of my friends and hope the developers will continue to add new and helpful features. After my initial purchases, I would hope any new features would be free. Thank you developers for this incredible app and for putting your time into improving the MTG community!
Love the app and functionality however, why on earth would I want to buy this iPad app without the card cam or the collections add-on? $5.99 for the app, $4.99 for the camera and $3.99 for the collections add-on... That's about $15 for the full app...
Not to mention that I now must still spend more money if I want the app on my phone plus both of those upgrades too? And the same goes for my computer... So total for 1 computer and 2 devices is about $50+...? These are all tools that any patron of magic will use and considering that it's a collection game, it is really sad that this company wants to exploit their customers.
So for that price, I would expect full functionality but, the collections add-on does not have the ability to edit which release the card you have is printed from. The app auto assumes the most recent prints. As a collector, I would really like to be able to edit the release because I have really old cards and would like to have an accurate count of my cards including which release it came from. Please fix the editing issue and I will revisit my review.
Excellent for What It Does
The app's functionality is great. Almost all the cards printed are available through it, and I love the "View on Gatherer" button. I like the pricing sources, even though I find some of the prices shown are out of date. I'd suggest some virtual dice or multiple life counters for gameplay, though.
My only complaints are that collections are difficult to deal with (to delete, rename, etc), and a couple expansions like Tempest Remastered are occasionally forgotten, or just not uploaded for a while. Other than that, it's more than worth the money!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 25, 2014
- Version: 3.4.4
- Size: 46.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Tan Thor Jen
- © 2011 Tan Thor Jen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collections Add-On$2.99
- Card Cam Add-On$4.99