Decked Builder is the premium deck building app for Magic the Gathering -- providing a sleek user interface to research decks, find cards, and then build, price and finally buy the deck that you want.
Version 3.3 updates:
- Support for iOS 7
"This is the program I recommend for anyone willing to spend ... on an MtG application. I’m one of those people who will generally take the free alternative over the paid app any day, but I’m actually happy to have spent the money on this one. It has a ton of very cool features, runs smoothly, and even has RSS feeds for several top MtG sites."
- Michael Evans, GatheringMagic.com
"Decked Builder is the absolute pinnacle of what a Magic the Gathering accessory app should be. There’s almost nothing that I need, that this app can’t do for me."
- Jaden, appaddict.net
"The iPad version of Decked Builder is perfect. Solitaire play has been upgraded and the card loading speed is marvelous. Thanks for a good application."
- Eugene Lee, author of Wagic
"I have to say that this app is certainly one that I would recommend to any MTG player"
- Josh Elliot, eyeofthevortex.com
* Find your cards
- Instant search results with no Internet connection as the database is stored locally
- Search for cards by any combination of card expansion, rarity, color, type or cost
- Built in support for tournament formats including Standard, Modern, Extended, EDH and Classic
- See only distinct cards, or find every printing of a card in every set
- Full card text search -- easily find every Landfall card, Elf, Vampire or any other attribute that has ever been printed.
* Build your decks
- Build multiple deck listings and sideboards
- Easily test sample draws from the deck, and simulate a game of Magic by playing cards to the battlefield.
- Get statistics on your deck including mana curves, color symbol counts and card type percentages
- Email decks to your friends
- Full text search for cards in your deck -- perfect for building EDH 100 card singleton decks
- Sort and filter your deck by mana cost, color, card type, tournament legality and more
* Price and buy your decks
- Decked Builder contains multiple price feeds from TCGplayer.com, CoolStuffInc.com, CardShark.com and MTGOTraders.com
- Finding the cheapest way to put your deck together from some of the largest card suppliers on the Internet
- Price your entire deck with a single tap
- Easily buy your entire deck online, or just cards missing from your collection
* Research decks
- Decked Builder includes RSS feeds which are specially formatted for clean viewing and fast downloads.
- Cards names are automatically be highlighted for instant (no network required) card lookups from the built-in database
- Featured RSS feeds from TCGplayer.com, DraftMagic.com, MTGCast, PureMTGO.com, Channel Fireball, Power 9 Pro, GatheringMagic.com, StarCityGames
- Deck integration with mtgo-stats.com allows you to download, analyze and test the latest winning decks directly on your device
* Track your collection (in-app purchase required)
- Easily input your collection by any criteria you can think of
- Find missing cards to complete your collection or your deck
- Value your collection -- find out how much you have spent on your Magic addiction
- iCloud synchronization makes it effortless to keep your collection in synch across your Mac, iPad and iPhone.
* And More!
- Decked Builder features high-definition card art scans that display brilliantly on your Retina Display
- Fully support for Innistrad day/night cards, Kamigawa flip cards and split cards
- Works perfectly offline with no Internet connection
- App now remembers your search list selection (streamlines building decks and collections)
Ratings and Reviews
Was good, recent updates make it bad
The updates recently to the search and general user interface are awful. Searching by collection is much harder, and it’s a lot easier to bounce between collection and deck list on accident when adding individual cards. It used to be that you could limit the search to cards you own and be in deck building mode to build a deck, now for every single search you have to manually re-hit the deck building mode switch... also, names can be harder to read due to how the ellipses work, and if something has a long creature type bar you can’t see power/toughness from browsing mode, and the hit box for the plus/minus button in card mode is absolutely awful.
It used to be really really really good though. I have no idea who greenlit this update, because it’s a strict downgrade from the earlier interface. Sure there are a couple more filters, but if all I cared about was filters I’d be using something like scryfall. I liked the easy accessibility and great user interface and how easy it used to be to select your card pool-sets, collections, formats (I am glad you added pauper, but the ui in the update is soooooooooooooooooo bad), and the like but now I hate the new ui so I find it hard to use and recommend the app. Fix the ui, and I’ll fix my rating to where it should be, a 5.
Overall my favorite app regarding mtg
The only reasons I don’t give this app 5 stars are:
- For some reason (likely apple) after I updated my phone I can’t search using any punctuation (- ‘ ,) which has made searching some of my favorite cards, those that use words like “can’t” or “don’t” a chore
- I would love to see a more intensive search functionality. Sorting by title, rules text or flavor text in addition to what is available now. I’ve built countless decks using the app and I think adding these specifications to the search function would streamline searches and make results more accurate and relevant to unique text.
- While the app isn’t listed as a life counter or index of official rules, I think adding these to the full version would give more incentive to purchase the full app and give the app itself a lot more use. It would definitely make everything a lot more efficient to be able to keep track of, say, up to four players, and be able to switch to an advanced rules search for us rules-lawyer players all in one interface. This may be a bit much, but I’d be more than willing to pay $2-3 more for the app if it included a life counter/rules index.
Overall, I do strongly recommend this app to everyone I know that doesn’t have it, and I’m always happy with how quickly new sets are patched in.
Best inventory and deck builder on the market
I’m not usually a person to write reviews but I felt I needed to spread the word for this one.
I need to start by saying that I was an avid user of iMtG prior to its decline and loved that app. When it’s dev let it slide into the mire never to resurface I began a frantic search for a replacement, filled with dread and trepidation at what I feared I would find as a woefully lacking replacement. I was not disappointed when I found this app.
I own around 25k cards and inventorying them took a considerable amount of time the first go around. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to get it done this time around and attribute a deal of that to this apps design. This allows me to see exactly where all my cards are in decks with ease and how many I have left to use.
Still the greatest feature is not anything intrinsic to the design but rather the responsiveness of the developer. I have submitted requests two times and received just as many responses. I cannot express how joyed I was to actually get a response regarding the rather trivial matters I presented.
Thanks for everything! Keep up the good work!
- Tan Thor Jen
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Tan Thor Jen
- In-App Purchases
- Collections Add-On $2.99
- Card Cam Add-On $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.