By Evil Clay Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deep breathing, diaphragmatic breathing, slow breathing, or controlled breathing exercises are popular in the wellness movement as a mind-body technique. It is not a form of physical exercise. It is a mind-body technique that can be added to various routines for an added relaxing effect.
Highlights of Deep Breathing:
-Deep breathing is a mind-body technique.
-The long term practicing of deep breathing exercises improves wellness.
-Slow breathing is the healthiest form of deep breathing.
This application is a tool to help you with Deep breathing exercise. It uses two forms of guidelines to help you practise this technique correctly. First one is a bar moving between two lines to indicate the cycle of breathing in and breathing out. Second is a diagram of the whole breathing cycle. It shows a pointer guiding you thru the breathing cycle.
Main features of this tool are:
- Setting of the breathing in and breathing out phase between 0 and 200 seconds each.
- Setting the length of a pause after breathing in and breathing out between 0 and 200 seconds.
- Setting of the practise session duration to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, ad 30 minutes.
- Optional voice guidance (Male and Female voices)
- Choosing from 11 different backgrounds and 10 various bar indicators.
- Autorotation of active guideline screen.
- Bar guideline in portrait orientation (second small diagram indicator if turned on).
- Whole breathing cycle diagram in landscape orientation (second small bar indicator if turned on).
- Remembering of last exercise taken (date and time) with a emoticon indicator.
- Background music. Music player integration - screen for song selection and play/pause, next previous buttons.
- Double touch on the guideline screen to end session prematurely.
-Option to allow quit music on exit
-Sound instructions while screen is locked
-Tested on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 retina displays
For more information about Deep breathing technique please visit the following sites:
For list of all background and indicator images please refer to the product site.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- fixed sound
- added sound while screen is locked
Customizing breath settings shines
What I like about this app is that you can set the inhalation, pause and exhalation to what you want. Also the practice time up to 30 minutes. What I would like to see changed is that they use a human voice and not a robotic one. The robotic one sounds a little angry when the goal is relaxation. Also to change the phrase "pause" to "hold" because you're really holding the breathe between inhale and exhale. After exhaling that's a pause. Aside from that this app works for me.
Crash, boom, bang - Now working again!
Loved it before, now won't work, skipping. Please, please fix.
Reloaded this app ,so far working beautifully. This is a wonderful breathing app, one of the best in the App Store. With this app you have total control of inhale, exhale, breath retention, along with beautiful graphics, this app is a real pleasure to use. Please I'm your biggest fan, keep this app operative.
I use this app because of the voice-cue for each breath followed by silence. Other apps have constant noise. Also there is timing versatility. Also you can put the screen into power save mode so you don't have to look at the rather pathetic moving graphic. But you are meditating right? So let it go.
I wish the developer would add a bell or something to signal the end of the session. At the moment, the voice just stops.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 21, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sona Amesna
- © Evil Clay Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.