Deep Dungeons of Doom
By Bossa Studios Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
!! SUMMER SALE !! Discounts on all Bossa titles for a limited time only. Enjoy!
You’re Going Down! Enter the Deep Dungeons of Doom if you dare…
This game is only for the brave. Dungeons await, each one deeper, each one more perilous and each one more challenging than the last.
- "Gorgeous pixel art and animations" - 90% Touch Arcade
- "One of the freshest and most thoughtfully reconstructed RPGs on iOS" - 8/10 Pocket Gamer
- "Deep Dungeons Of Doom Isn’t Just For The Brave; It Should Be Played By Everyone." - Indie Statik
- "Pacey and immediate, Deep Dungeons of Doom offers no-frills, retro-themed fantasy fun." - 8/10 AppSpy
- "Deep Dungeons of Doom follows a path I don’t think I’ve ever quite seen before." - 4/5 148Apps
You will meet monsters and you will need skill and tactics to defeat them. You will find weird and wonderful treasures along the way. Most will help you, but some might not. You may choose to play as a Crusader, a Witch or a Mercenary – in fact each one might well be required if you are to successfully complete your quest – but knowing when to use each one is something you are going to have to figure out for yourself.
The reward for your endeavours? The Deepest Dungeon of Doom. Never before has such evil existed on such a massive scale. Only the most battle-hardened rogues will stand a chance of making an impact.
• Relive the 8-bit era with super-stylised visuals, music and SFX
• Simple gameplay with a wicked learning curve
• Choose from 3 characters, each with their own unique abilities
• Battle monsters in increasingly deep and difficult dungeons
• Explore a world of magic, evil, power and redemption
What's New in Version 1.2
The main change you’ll notice is that we’ve upgraded the game to premium - it’s no longer free. Wait, wait - that's a GOOD thing, and here's why. Many of you suggested that the game may work better if we removed the in-app purchases from the game, so we went away, did a little re-balancing, et voilà! Perfection - just like you asked for!
So what exactly has changed? Here’s a little list:
- All of the in-app purchases are no more - you can no longer buy gold (you have to earn it!) and revive tokens are only accessible when you complete one of the secret endings.
- We’ve completely rebalanced the items in the shop including prices and first 5 dungeons.
- You’ll be able to play through all of the dungeons without hitting a paywall. Now NOTHING will stop you from reaching the Deepest Dungeon of Doom.
- We’ve also fixed a few pesky bugs that were hanging around.
So here's the story; I couldn't sleep at all last night. I have been playing the Wolfenstein RPG for the last few days and wanted to try something different. So while I was looking for the DOOM2 RPG, I happened to stumble across this game at around 1:30 am. It is now 9:30 am. I am thoroughly addicted.
The simple controls make it easy to pick up and play, but the depth involving combat, equipment and careers make it difficult to master. I personally have been loving it and only have the Crusader, the Mercenary and the Witch. Then after playing for a while, I discovered ways to regain the Crusader's health, the Witch's mana, and deal extra damage with the Mercenary during combat by holding the attack button. Just another layer added to the game, making it even more fun! I highly suggest it to any RPG/strategy game fans!
What makes this game great is the fact that the controls are very simple, but the rpg mechanics are so deep that it's enough to keep you hooked. Most issues apps have are that they're either to simple to the point you don't want to play it, or just too much of a console like experience that playing a phone is terrible (either because of the controls or just so complex that you have to set time aside just to play). This game is simple enough to pick up and play, but deep enough that if you so choose to want to sink hours in it makes it easy and fun to do. Watch gameplay videos and you'll see this is a great purchase.
I want to like this game
There's one issue that's really, really holding me back though. There's an error that pops up with all these messages saying that there's a problem with the map and stuff. When I go into a dungeon, it keeps on bombarding me with errors, when I go into a room, after I defeat an enemy, sometimes when I block, it's like, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! When I manage to complete a dungeon, it gives me an error and I can't get back into the map. I deleted the game, lost all my progress, (not like it matters, I can get through the game like butter), played the beginning, and left it alone for a day. Then, more errors pop up when I barley beat 3 dungeons! Maybe it me from playing music in the background or that this is a dev version of the game and it's all buggy. In any way, I can't play this game at all until all these error messages stop.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 39.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bossa Studios Ltd
- © 2013 - Bossa Studios Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.